Please don't tell me, I don't want to know.

The loudspeaker rang out, telling all the 8th grade students to get on the busses.
She was gone.
My breath came in ragged gasps, the pain tore through my chest as I knew I had lost her.
I can't believe I lost her.
I should have/could have/would have saved her.
But I closed my eyes.
I refused to look at the girl before me for what she was.
Refused to accept that she wasn't who I had once known.
I could have saved her.
I dragged myself to the busses, head down. Climbed the steps, walked down the isle, all eyes on me.
Did they know too?
It didn't matter, they weren't the ones to blame.
I lost the one person I swore to protect from herself, and that's not something I'll ever forget.
I'm sorry I don't have any straightforward answers for you guys. I don't know exactly what happened to her.
But I know it was the drugs that did it.
It was raining, of course, when we reached the amusement park. The dismal, dreary weather mimicked my emotions.
I barely managed to struggle throughout the day, and I finally slipped away to cry in the dirty bathroom stall.
No one asked what was wrong, and I didn't tell. We were in a mutual agreement to forget that the girl with the dead eyes and brown hair had ever walked the halls of our school.
I shut down. I stopped talking. I just couldn't do it anymore.
I debated whether or not to tell you guys what happened to me after this.
I'm not sure if you'll want to know.
It's not about Katelyn, she really is gone.
But it is about the wintergirl who took her place in line.
The next girl doomed to die.
So I guess it's up to you guys.
Do you want to know what happened next, or should I just end it here?
Let me know :)