Porcelain princess

It was the 3rd week of school. I still had not seen Katelyn eat and that odd, heart-shaped cut on her hand never seemed to heal. She worried me, but I was scared to say so. Her profound sadness fascinated me. She was so beautiful. Beautiful and lost, broken, and faded. I got the feeling that she was a mere shell of what she used to be. She felt empty. It made me sad.

I always felt so strange around her. I wanted to please her so badly. I didn't care what anyone else thought of me. If I could make those dead eyes light up for even a second. Those cold lips raise in even a smirk, I felt complete. All I wanted was to make her happy. She consumed me.

She began to show me some of her music. It scared me a little, the pain that rang in their voices. It reminded me of her. I wonder what her true voice would sound like if she would just let it out. Probably broken.

I remember her favourite band was Bring Me the Horizon. She loved them so much. She obsessed over the lead singer. He was attractive, but I never saw quite what she saw. I think she saw the pain in his eyes and knew that it matched hers. I wonder if that was comforting, or if it ultimately led to her demise. I suppose it's too late to ask her now.