Season 1 Episode 3: The Birth Of A New Age

Date: August 6th 2017

Isaac's ears were plagued by an irritating ringing, causing his eyes to well up as he trembled with an uncontrollable anger. Isaac absorbed every detail around him in an instant: the police closing in on the kidnappers, the child and his dog frozen in place, the birds taking flight and the leaves rustling in the growing wind. "Isaac, run!" someone yelled out, but Isaac couldn't make out the voice as his eyes were glued to the hands of the kidnapper.

Isaac watched as his brother fell to the ground, his body going limp. The ringing in his head intensified, almost as if it were mimicking his rage. Isaac's body crackled with red and white lightning as he watched one of the men bend down to pick up his unconscious brother. 

"It's going to happen soon, Isaac", "Protect Daniel" echoed throughout the young boy's mind, a single tear streaming down Isaac's face. 

"Hey...stop," Isaac mumbled, before being sent flying backward, his vision fading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelica paces back and forth in the living room, her gaze looking down to the floor and her arms crossed. "You're stressin' over nothing, I'm telling you." Thomas calmly states, flipping through various channels on the TV.

 "Even if something came up, Daniel would've told us," Angelica responds. 

"I feel like Isaac respects the rules a little more, but regardless, I'm sure everything is fine. They probably just made a new friend and are spending time with them," Thomas replies, attempting to calm his wife down. 

"I should go out there," Angelica mutters, walking towards the door. 

Thomas quickly rises from his seat and firmly seizes his wife's arm. "And what is it exactly that we are supposed to do? The distance from here to their middle school is quite large, and Desbine City is even larger," Thomas explains. 

"I can't just sit back and do nothing. They're not answering their phones, and I just got a bad feeling," Angelica responds, turning to face her husband, her eyes beginning to water.

 Thomas sighs and thinks for a moment, letting go of his wife's arm before proposing, "Alright, we'll give them 10 more minutes to respond, and if nothing has changed, we'll call the cops and go looking. Deal?"

 Angelica thought for a moment, weighing the pros and cons in her mind, before reluctantly nodding her head in agreement. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world began to flicker as Isaac began to come to. The boy's eyes fluttered for a few moments before they were able to stay open on their own. Isaac placed a few fingers on his forehead before wincing in pain. Isaac began to take in the world around him surprised to see the black car from early flipped on it's side, the glass shattered on all the windows. The boy slowly rose to hit feet, slipping to the ground a few times before ultimately deciding to give up. What...what happened? Isaac thought to himself, before noticing one of the officers glance back towards him.

I'm too tired to move...but why? Isaac clenched his fists. And what's with everything being damaged? Just what happened here?  Isaac thought to himself before noticing the two officers walk towards him. 

"Hey, kid! My name is Officer Derrick Williams. And you are?" the officer asked. Isaac watched as the younger of the two officers knelt down besides him, offering him a hand. For a moment, the boy stood still, astonished by the extraordinary kindness displayed by strangers, a level of hospitality he had rarely witnessed beyond his own family. "Hmm? Do you not remember? Can you try really hard for me?" Officer Williams instructs, his tone remaining friendly.