Season 2, Episode 2: The Sparks Of Change

| "What happened to my mother is your father's fault, you know that?" |

Date: June 2nd 2018

Location: Flame's Office.

Flame's arms were gently placed on the desk, his fingers lightly touching his forehead as his eyes sought solace behind closed lids. With a sigh of resignation, the man reluctantly opened his eyes, unveiling a chilling abyss of everlasting despair.

"Jack," Flame murmured, his head swaying back and forth. "What happened to us?" Flame stood up from his seat and began to pace around his desk, finally turning to face the huge red-tinted window. "We were merely children when we first crossed paths and created the Underground Cartel," he murmured, shifting his gaze towards the palm of his hand, his fingers gently curved.

"You provided me with my name and support, and in return, I assisted in building all of this," Flame said as he stretched out his arms. "We built this. We supported one another." A flicker of anger sparked in Flame's eyes as his tone took on a sinister shift. "We were supposed to rid this world of that Demon. So tell me brother... how the hell could you die so soon?"

Flame's office door slid open, and the sound of light footsteps quickly filled the room. "Master," Jackson called out,  his voice monotone.

"What is it?" Flame asked, swiftly regaining his composure as he turned around to face his Ward. The boy stood with a strong and confident stance, his arms at his sides, his gaze displaying disinterest.

"I hate to say this but," Jackson began. "Seems you were right. Jay's gone off on his own. Currently, he's causing quite the scene. Shouting some B.S. about a revolution."

Flame's gaze fell to the ground, his expression darkening in a deep frown. This wasn't something he wanted to be dealing with. "Very well," he finally responded. "If he wants to prance around in our backyard then so be it. We'll deal with him like the traitor he is." Flame turned away from Jackson, his back now facing the boy. "Deal with him. Bring a squad if you want, I don't care. I just want that damn pest dealt with. Permanently."

"It shall be done," Jackson replied, turning around. "Oh, by the way, Nova wanted me to let you know he's almost ready for the big breakout operation. He just needs a couple more days, and to borrow Ferrum."

"He can take him," Flame replied. "Red Eye should be making contact soon, informing us how his side of the operation is going."

"I have to say, it was quite risky having him get captured during the siege," Jackson replied. "I just hope you find whatever information you're looking for," he said, his words lingering in the air as he walked away. Moments later, the sound of his footsteps faded into silence.

"Oh, I will," Flame replied, clenching and unclenching his hand. "But the seeds we sow, far outweigh the information we'll be gathering."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Caddel Residence

Thomas and Angelica lay on the couch in the living room, with Angelica's arms lovingly wrapped around Thomas, while his hands remained tucked away in his pockets. The couple found themselves captivated while watching "A New Hope" on TV. Life had been incredibly unusual for the parents since their family entered protective custody. Both of them were accustomed to laboring for long, exhausting hours just to get by. However, now they discovered themselves blessed with an abundance of free time. However, even with all the luxury, one parent could not abandon their strong work ethic.