Season 1 Episode 11: Behind The Act

Date: August 25th 2017

Outside Richard Household

In the dead of night, the atmosphere surrounding the two kids was quickly gaining tension as they stared at the older man, dressed in blue, who stood on the other side of the road. "You need something?" Isaac questioned, his right shoulder pointed towards the man incase he needs to quickly go on the offense. 

"J-Just...who are you?" James questioned, slowing raising his hands. 

"I apologize. I didn't mean to frighten you boys," the older man stated, his voice somewhat upbeat and wise. 

"Then how 'bout you tell us just who you are!" Isaac exclaimed, still not fully believing the man and his words. 

"Of course, but how about you come over here? No point in shouting at this time of day," the man responded, motioning with his hands for them to come over. 

James looked to Isaac before questioning, "Well, what should we do?"

Isaac took a quick look around, inspecting the roofs of the nearby buildings, and after not seeing anything suspicious, he took a deep breath before nodding and slowing making his way across the street towards the older man. 

Although more reluctant, James followed him, refusing to allow him to deal with this alone. Isaac carefully watched the man, waiting for the slightest of movements, however nothing ever came. The man waited there patiently for them. 

"Alright, we're here. Now tell us who you are," Isaac demanded. 

"Zane. Just Zane," the man simply responded. 

"Alright, Zane, then why are you here?" Isaac questioned. 

"I was walking by and ended up seeing what was going on at the park, and I was going to get involved, but that's when you showed up," Zane explained, pointing towards Isaac. 

"The way you say that, do you have a power as well?" Isaac questioned, clenching his left fist behind his body. 

"I do. Not only that, but I raise kids who are the same as me. My goal is to give these kids a chance in this harsh world, something they desperately need," Zane explains, his words nothing but sincere. 

"You...raise kids? How...does that?" James questioned, slightly concerned. 

"Ahh, don't worry, I don't take the kids from their parents. No, I...I look for those without and I...offer whatever I can to help them," Zane clarified, somewhat putting James's mind at ease.

"Alright, so you raise kids - help them adapt to their shitty situation. That doesn't explain why you followed us," Isaac shot back. 

"You kids are a part of the Hero Project, correct?" Zane questioned. 

"Never heard of it. You must got the wrong people," Isaac responded. 

"You mean Shingek Middle School," James muttered, putting two and two together. 

"What does Shingek Middle School have to do with this?" Isaac questioned, before recalling something in his mind.

| "So, what's up with them sending us to a new school just for 8th grade, huh?" Daniel questioned - "Do you really not get it? I mean, seriously, have you really not understood what this whole school is? Are you really that stupid?" Jackson questioned.

He paused for a moment, before finally realizing James was right. "Chief Braun and I know each other very well. In fact, he's helped me quite a bit when it comes to making sure I can do my job," Zane explained.