Season 1 Episode 16: Loss & Perseverance

Date: January 18th 2018

"It's been three days since everything happened and yet...nothing feels any better. As public outrage soars, so too does the crime rate. What's worse is: there aren't enough officers to handle the increase in crime, meaning some people are beginning to go without aid. Somehow, in trying to avoid this future from taking shape, we ended up manifesting and living within it.

In other news, for better or for worse, the UGC have been quiet and funny enough, crime related to them is at a record low. It's not much, but it's something, and I should be grateful for that. That's what James tells me at least. Personally, I don't know how to feel about everything. If it weren't for the help of others, I'd be dead right now. Jackson had me within his grasp; all he had to do was finish the job. 

And that's another issue. I worked my ass off trying to get strong enough to beat Jackson and yet...tsk, and yet I couldn't do it. What's worse, is that he now has access to insane abilities which is gonna make winning next to impossible. How can I be optimistic at a time like this? The public want me dead, the police are beginning to crumble, and are enemies are getting stronger and aren't afraid of sending a message no matter the cost. It just...It just feels so hopeless right now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Desbine City Police Headquarters | Braun's Office

"It's all...it's all just a blur. I'm sorry, but I really don't remember much from that day." Bryce explained, rubbing his head. "You have to know something?" Isaac snapped back. Braun motioned for him to calm down before stating, "That's fine, just tell us what you do remember."

Bryce looked down to the ground, his face tensing as he looks deep within his mind. "I know...I know we were just about to make a move...and then...that's when..." Bryce paused, his face obviously in pain. "And then what?" Isaac impatiently asked. 

"Isaac, give him a moment." Braun instructed. Isaac smiled out of frustration, mouthing something to himself before responding, "Being patient isn't gonna help. We got our asses handed to us. What we need now is to collect whatever we can, and plan to strike back." 

As Isaac finished talking, he hit his fist against the palm of his hand to further emphasize his point. Braun shook his head in disbelief, "Jeez, I can't keep up with the both of you." he stated before looking to Bryce, "You've been starved for how long, and you're back here trying to request work." he then turned to Isaac, "And you had a spike through your leg, and sustained several other injuries." he sighed and turned his back to the two workaholics, "What you both need right now is rest."

Isaac and Bryce shared a quick glance before the former spoke up, "Our enemy isn't gonna sit by and allow us to rest." Braun laughed to himself as he turned back around, "How'd I know you were gonna say that?" he jokingly questioned. 

"Look, I agree with you Braun, I really do, but I also know...a lot of people lost their lives because they came to try and save me. So, in some respect, I feel as though I have to get back to work and make sure nothing like this ever happens again." Bryce explained, both his words and facial expression tired and pained.

Braun sighed, knowing this wasn't an argument he could win, "Alright, if that's how it is, then so be it, but I advise you to be careful." he instructed. "I will, don't worry about me." Bryce responded, shooting Braun a cheerful smile. "But as for you," Braun turned and faced Isaac.