Season 1 Episode 24: Graduation Day

What does it mean to "Be A Hero?" Does it simply mean to do everything in your power to defeat the bad guy and protect those who look up to you? Can anything really be that simple?  I mean, what about the bad guys? Is there truly no other alternative than defeating them? Shouldn't a Hero also extend their hand to them as well?

But is it even worth attempting to save them? I mean, at what point does someone commit a crime that can't be forgiven? And, more importantly, who determines when that line is crossed? 

Looking at things from that perspective, it becomes clear that simplicity is merely an illusion in this complex world. Acting with goodness, fulfilling the role of a considerate older brother, and embodying the qualities of a hero may sound straightforward, but in reality, the complexity of these roles becomes apparent. In this world, nothing is simply black and white.

I used to believe in concepts like 'Good' and 'Bad'. However, I've recently come to realize that these are subjective terms we use to label those who disagree with our beliefs. In reality, every individual operates within a spectrum of motivations, each driven by their own worthy aspirations for freedom.

When does an individual's freedom cross the line into sin? At what point, should your freedoms be restricted by someone else? And when that time comes, do you have a right to fight for your beliefs, or should you admit defeat and accept a new status quo? How can someone learn to play this game with a balanced approach when the lives of many depend on both answers being correct?

What I'm ultimately realizing is that... the sad truth is: this world is not equal. Nothing about this world is Heroic when terms like 'Good' and 'Bad' are subjective, when noble goals of protecting others puts yourself in danger, and when being the Hero means being the Villain to so many others.

Maybe I'm the wrong one for this job. Maybe... I shouldn't be a Hero. Because when the time eventually arrives, as it inevitably will, can I truly claim that I am capable of taking away someone else's freedom? If they're human, I don't know, but if they're not; if they're a monster, then... then I'm sure I could do it, but I doubt a monster simply exists in this world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 27th 2018 - 2 Hours Before The Ceremonial Siege

Location: UGC Base | Flame's Office

Flame was seated at his desk, the red-tinted window projecting a large shadow onto the office floor. The villain carefully reviewed the reports he had received from the initial reconnaissance of the ceremony building. This was the sixth time doing so, but Flame made sure to take note of everything. He was determined not to overlook a single detail. Anything to save a life or two.

Suddenly, Flame's serene happiness was shattered as the lights in his office started flickering. Within moments, the sound of thunderous footsteps reached his ears, growing louder and closer with every passing second. However, the Villain appeared unfazed by the sounds, showing no signs of being bothered in the slightest.

Flame shifted his focus to the office door, and in a matter of seconds, a powerful blast sent the sliding door flying off its hinges. Yet, the explosion did not originate from gunpowder or any other man-made explosive. Instead, it surged forth from a being composed entirely of dark energy and malice.

Purple-tinged bolts of dark lightning cracked through the open door before the figure responsible for the intrusion stepped forward, revealing itself. Once more, it appeared as a Caucasian man with dark, flowing long hair, dressed in a black suit and tie. "Alister Blaise!" it exclaimed, its arms thrown into the air. "It's so great to finally see you again." The entity spoke with a high-pitched voice filled with enthusiasm and delight for death.