Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Nya removes the thin sheet off the table, revealing a snake like skeleton "Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the
fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects"

She coughs as her cheeks turn a slight pink "uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume"

Everyone's first reaction was to look at (Y/n), who was just doodling on the sheet infront of her. She looks up to meet their gazes "Oh, it's not me. I've stopped using that stuff since you told me that your allergic"

"Heh...You told me it was men's cologne" Jay whispers to Kai.

"Meh, I get them mixed up" Kai jokes, before him and the other guys burst into laughter. Kai and Zane exchange and high five, before Zane turns off his humor switch.

"Can you please not execute your plan of murdering your sister while we're in a meeting" (Y/n) gives the fire ninja unamused expression.

Cole gets up from his sitting position "Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades"

The others get up aswell, leaving Jay and Nya alone in the room. (Y/n) looks back into the room, curious on why Jay wasn't coming with them. Taking a moment, she realises what's going on and gets out the room aswell.

"Uh, hey uh, Nya, I'm sorry" Jay approaches the ravennette "The reason I was-you know-I went to Kai because-look. What I'm trying to say is-"

"I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes" Nya interuppts him.

Jay shakes his head "No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential"

"Impress me? But I look so..." Nya slightly turns away, putting her hand on her cheek.

Fantastic" Jay responds "Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to..." He trails off.

"You mean like a date?" Nya asks, playing with a strand of her hair.

"Um, yeah?"

"Sure! I'd love to" Nya blurts out "But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight" She leaves, giving the boy a small wave.

Jay jumps up into the air, doing a victory dance. He was too distracted to realise how close he was Fangrype skeleton. His hand swipes near the fanges, making it poke on it "Ow! Aah! Man"

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓
Timeskip
┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

"You want me to give you dating advice?" (Y/n) tilts her head, watching Jay fix his hair in a mirror.

"Well Kai will just set me up for embarrassment again, Zane doesn't even know what a date is and Cole... his only dating experience is cake" Jay explains, not looking at the girl.

"I guess you're right. I'm not a proffesional, but I won't let you make a fool of yourself" The (h/c)nette responds.

"The classic 'Be yourself'. But it's really important. if you pretend to be someone you're not, you'll give her the image of a person that isn't you. You'll have to keep the act up forever or you break the image and she will feel lied to"