The Royal Blacksmiths

(This chapter is unfinished and bad. I'm just uploading, so people won't ask for it)

"They got the first one, but there are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map, and we don't, so they question remains: how are we gonna find them first?" Nya questions, placing her hand on her chin.

Jay smiles "I still can't get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?"

(They are so cute, I can't–)

"We're over that. Can we move on?" Kai dismisses Jay's excitement.

The mentioned lightning ninja mocks him with his hand "Someone's a little hot under the collar"

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his full potential like you and I have, Jay" Zane unintentionally roasts the spikey haired boy.

"Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but I'm not the only one who hasn't found it yet" Kai replies.

"I got it!" Cole exclaims.

"You've unlocked it? Oh, why am I the only one!?" Kai lets out in frustration.

"I am standing...right next to you!" (Y/n) yells, standing on Kai's right.

"No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangblade from. I have a picture of it" Cole explains, pointing at the hologram of the fangblade before running out of the room.

"Oh, haha, is that it? Heh. Good" Kai akwardly chuckles.

Cole come back in the room with a photo album "I got it!" He flips to the first page, revealing the fangblade in a trophy cup.

Jay snatches it from his hand "That's it!"

(Y/n) looks over his shoulder, inspecting the picture "Oh, I remember that old thing"

"Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dad's won it multiple times" Cole explains to his teammates.

"You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete. What sport?" Zane asks.

"Oh, h-he's a, uh...a blacksmith" Cole answers, nervously.

"Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition—"

Cole cuts Kai off "That's because he's not a "blacksmith" blacksmith. He's a...Royal Blacksmith" He flips the page to show his father holding the trophy, looking very happy.

Snickering could be heard from most of team. "That's your dad?"

"But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" Kai questions.

"Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch...no, Clutch. Clutch Powers! Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner" Cole replies.

"Who has it now?"

The earth ninja shakes his head "I don't know. I haven't talked to my father in years"

"Well then, we'll call him up" Kai suggests. Making both Cole and (Y/n) tense up.

"You can't! He thinks I'm in Ninjago City training at the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts" Cole groans, leaning against the wheel of the control room "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. But when I couldn't sing or dance, well I...I ran away. When he sees I can't dance, he'll know I've been lying in all the letters I've been sending him"

"He doesn't know you're a ninja?"

Cole frowns "What? You gonna crack some joke that my old man wears a tutu?"