Chapter 2 🌷

We are in the car and are heading to Shorehaven. Mom is driving and I am sitting in the front seat while Summer is complaining from behind.

I don't let anything ruin my mood so I put my favourite Taylor Swift song full volume and start to sing along at the top of my lungs.

🎶  ♪ "You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do
I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do
But she wears short skirts
I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time
If you could see that I'm the one
Who understands you
Been here all along
So, why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me"♪ 🎶

But then I am hit in the face by Summer's jacket.

"Can you like, shut up?" She asks me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Can you like, not hit me?" I say back at her and we start bickering.

"ENOUGH!" Our moms voice brings us back to reality and we both stop talking. "Stop bickering. You are giving me a headache." She complains and we stop fighting.

About 10 minutes later we arrive at Ari's house. Summer opens the door quickly and shouts.

"I am back baby!" No response. She walks in and looks around. Our mom said something but I am completely zoned out to notice.

"HELLO!" Summer shouts again.

"Shut up summer. They are not here!" She glares at me and looks at her phone.

"Oh no!" She exclaims.

"What?" I try to look over her shoulder.

"The dates changed. It's today!" My eyes widen at her words and we both sprint out the door at and run to the car.

 It's today!" My eyes widen at her words and we both sprint out the door at and run to the car

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

When we arrive at the place that the tryouts are held Summer runs at a microphone and I roll my eyes wondering what stupid thing she will do this time. She hides under a table and speaks on the mic.

"Attention please, Poppy, Bodhi your pizza is ready!" I look at the confused faces of my two best friends and try to hide my laugh.

"Hey! Give me that!" A man snatches the microphone from Summers hands. I see the opportunity and ran at the two girls.

"Oh my god!" Poppy squeals running and jumping on me, hugging me tight.