Chapter 5 💐

With a few ups and downs between Summer and Wren, the training came to its successful end. Wren is actually not very good at airs, which I find completely ridiculous considering that she is our team captain. She obviously cannot do everything.

I go to the changing rooms to take a quick shower and change into something more comfortable than my sweaty training clothes. I exit the room and realise that nobady is there. Great they left me all alone. How am I going to get back home now? I walk outside and try to hide the tears in my eyes. How can they forget me?

I go and sit between two vans

I go and sit between two vans. I run my hands through my hair and sigh wiping my tears away.

"You realise Summer is a total kook, right?" I hear a familliar voice say and I snap my head up trying to find the source. I get up and hide behind a car, having a perfect view of Wren and Elo. I tilt my head a little and spot the boy that has been on my mind the past days. "She's going to lose us the title, Elo." She whines.

"Funny. Because I think she's one of the reasons we could win it. And I think she's gonna be really good for you." I don't hear the rest of their conversation, getting lost looking at Baxter.

He gets up and I take a step back so he doesn't see me starring at him.

"Nah, I've been training all day, mate. Man's gotta eat." He says as he pats his stomach and a small smile forms on my face.

"Bax." Elo makes him stop.

"Oh, you want me to run some laps? Maybe pick up some rubbish? I think someone left refuse under the car. Want me to crawl under there?" He says sarcasticaly and a chuckle leaves my mouth. God I hate the effect he has on me.

"Listen, we are gonna make Queensland sorry that they threw you away. But I need you focused." I watch the sad expresion on his face and I immedietly feel bad for the boy.

He starts to walk away and I wait until Wren and Elo leave. I sprint and catch up with him.

"Hey." I tap his shoulder. He turns around and faces me, at that moment I swear to god his eyes light up.

 He turns around and faces me, at that moment I swear to god his eyes light up