Chapter 7 🩰

"So this is it." He announces as the bike comes to a stop infront of beautiful home near the see.

"Wow. This is so cute." I squeal looking at the gorgeous house.

"Come on. Let's get you setteled." He grabs my hand and helps me get of the bike.

"So is Wren home?" I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"Probably, but don't worry you'll be fine." He stops and turns to look at me, sending me a reasurring smile.

"So she won't kill me in my sleep?"

"No!" He chuckles. "But if you were Summer you would have been dead before stepping foot in the poarch."

"Wow, I feel so special!" I say sarcastically and he steps up the poarch grabbing his keys from his pocket.

He unlocks the door and I take a deep breath to calm my nerves down.

"Wren! Elo! I am home!" He shouts and places his keys at a drawer near the door.

"Bax I am-" Wrens eyes widen as she sees me behind her brother. I look at her suspiciously since she run from her room toward us. Wait. Didn't she sprain her ankle? "What is she doing here?" She points at me.

"She is staying with us." He states casually and I watch the horror in her eyes.

"So how is your ankle?" I ask geniuenly.

"It hurts." She replies bluntly.

"It's fine. I hate Summer right now also." I send a small smile a the girl and she returns it. She might not be how bad I thought she was. I am really dissapointed in myself. I didn't even give her a chance, I judged her too quickly. This is nothing like me. Ugh! Why am I acting like this?

"Let's start over. I am Autumn." I extend my hand to the girl.

"Wren, nice to meet you." She grabs it gigling. "Let me show you around." She starts to drag me away from Bax and I send hiom an apologetic look.

"So here is the kitchen...This is the bathroom. And this is Elo's bedroom. This one is mine. And lastly this is Baxter's." She completes the tour and we head back to her room.

We sit on the floor and she stares at the ground uncomfortably.

"I am sorry if I am rude but what happend and you have to stay here

"I am sorry if I am rude but what happend and you have to stay here." She breaks the silent and I send her a smile to show her that her question is fine.

"No firstly you are not." She smiles. "Well my idiotic sister fucks everything over and over again. Firstly she set a fire back home last year. And for mom that was the last straw. And last summer she send me and Summer here to stay with the Gibsons. I mean I don't regret it a second but you get me, right? You now what it feels to get ripped of your life and friends to go and stay in a completely different place without knowing anyone and it wasn;t even your fault." She nods and I continue.