Chapter 3 🌺

After our conversation with Baxter me and Summer went to change unto our swimsuits and took our boards with us.

I chose a pink two piece swimsuit with flowers on it. This is one of my favourites and for sure the most comfortable one.

I grab my board and meet my little sister outside near the pool. Baxter started talking with the judge and Summer dragged me up the stairs. I looked back and saw the pink haired boys staring at me. He sent me a wink and thank god I was far so he didn't saw how much effect it had on the colour of my face.

Summer jumped in the water and I followed her lead. The excitement pumped through my veins even though I knew what we were doing was wrong.

"What are you doing? Get out." I heard an annoying voice and I rolled my eyes at Wren.

I was focused on surfing perfectly so I didn't hear what was happening around me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt the waves hit me. A million thoughts were running through my head. Surfing! Surfing - it's a lifestyle, an addiction, and a healthy outdoor activity.

Surfing is many things at the same time - indescribable feelings, joy, friendships, a source of fear, a spiritual connection, and a path to self-discovery. I love everything about it.

"Go Autumn!" I heard a voice scream an I quickly open my eyes "You got this!" I locked eyes with Baxter who cheered again. It gave me strength. I took a deep breath and took the next wave.

"She took my wave." Wren shouted but I shuted her out.

And then I surfed. The wave was amazing. I turned and jumped. Great more points. I did every trick I knew. And I realised that if those weren't the circumstances I would have definitely won.

 And I realised that if those weren't the circumstances I would have definitely won

"What was that?" Poppy asked with a smile on her face.

"I told you I got better." I hug her.

Poppy and I were closer. This past year we became closer than she was with Bodhi too. We shared this special bond. It's like we understood each other.

"We have to catch up." She squeals.

"We talked last night Pops." I laugh at her excitement.

"Yeah, too long." I grab her hand and we run towards  the car.