Chapter thirteen

Audriana pov

After our dance, Leah ignores me for the rest of the night. She keeps her hand on my thigh and squeezes it every time I engage in a conversation with Gio. I almost laugh at her jealously, but I know I shouldn't.

We both knew she was jealous, and we both knew that she wouldn't do anything about it. The girl would bury her feelings, as she always had and would pretend everything is fine while also pretending to be mad at me. Deciding to take the high road, I tease her. I move her hand off my thigh and wrap one of mine around her waist, my thumb going under the waistband of her suit as my other hand grips high up on her thigh. The marks on her neck very prominent from our activities on the dance floor.

"no" she says as she takes her own hands and removes mine off of her, I let out a laugh as we make eye contact before putting all of my attention on Gio. Part of me felt bad for getting her involved in this petty little phase Leah and I were currently in, but all is fair in love and war.

"Gee, wanna dance?" I ask the young Brazilian sat next to me, she gives me a scared look as she glances between the blonde and I. I watch as she shrugs her shoulders before taking a shot, I give her my hand as we stand up, making sure Leah sees me wrap an arm around her waist and guide her to the dance floor in the club.

"you're naughty" Gio says as she wraps her arms around my neck, mine going directly to her hips

"Ive heard" I tease, the both of us laughing as I turn her. Our bodies blend together with the music and the alcohol. The heat of everyone around us starting to kick in as beads of sweat become visible on our faces.

"You're driving Leah mad" Gio tells me

"She's so stubborn" I say, spinning the girl

"what's going on between you anyway?" Gio asks me curiously

"Nothing, I dont think" I say confused, as we dance closely

"well in my experience, friends dont look at each other like that" She says laughing "You only live once, I say go for it"

"You are a very bad influence on me Gio" I say shaking my head with a small laugh

"Hi, I'm interrupting this" Leah says as she steps in between the two of us, Gio raising her eyebrows at me with an unidentified smirk on her lips. To be completely honest, I didn't even know the girl was out of her seat till I heard her voice. 

"Youre a little drunk, aren't you" I ask her laughing

"No" She immediately denies as she wraps her arms around my neck, mine immediately going to her waist "Maybe, a little bit"

"Tired?" I ask as I bring our faces closer, feeling the urge to become one. I was suddenly cold and seeking her warmth, she looked good right now...too good.

"Yeah" She responds, resting her forehead on mine as she closes her eyes.

"you want to go back?" I ask her quietly, feeling as if it was just us in the world for a few solid minutes. I felt her breath against my face, our warmth very evident on our faces, and for a second...I almost felt at home. I felt peace, I felt safe.

"Not right now" She says calmly

"Just give me the sign and we'll go, alright?" I ask her and she sends me a nod, I wrap my arm around her and allow her to lean on me as we walk back to our designated area in the back of the club.

The rest of the night, my attention was undoubtedly on Leah which the other girls had picked up on and never missed an opportunity to throw me under the bus. As I talked with Beth, Katie, Caitlyn, Alexia, Mary, Millie and some other girls, Leah rested her head on my shoulder. Seeking that physical touch, something she did often when nervous or tired.

"You ready for your tour?" Alexia asks me in broken english

"Not at all" I say shaking my head

"You'll be alright kid" she assures me "I do expect tickets though"

"I do need a few faces there to promote it" I say, pretending to think on the topic

"You're a jerkoff" she says laughing as she shakes her head

"Home" Leah whispers in my ear, I look to my right and see her fighting to stay awake.

"This should cover Leah and I" I say, handing a 100 to Gio

"Get her home safe" Beth shouts at me

"Bye girls" I shout with a wave as I pick Leah up and carry her out of the building. The girl had already passed out in my arms, it was obvious that the travel and alcohol had gotten to her.

"Mmm 5 more minutes" Leah grumbled as I put her in the car

"You're good" I tell her as I hop into the backseat of the uber, Leah's head laying in my lap.

I play with the strands of her hair to pass the time, my eyes looking out the window at my new surroundings. When I was with Leah, I felt at peace with myself, like everything would be okay. She gave me a sense of assurance, without even trying.

"Come on Le" I whisper as I shake her awake, deeming unsuccessful "Oh you fucking owe me for this"

I swiftly pick her up bridal style and carry her into the building. There were definitely some odd looks from locals and other vacationers but I couldn't think about that now. 3 kids even asked for a picture on the way to our room, unfortunately I had to shut them down, which I hated doing.

I silently curse myself as our room key fails once again, the light blinking red. I put my phone in between my lips as I take the key and slot it in for the sixth time, thanking god as the light turns green and it unlocks.

I don't even bother to turn on the lights, knowing they'd be off within minutes. I carefully lay Leah down on the bed, making sure to take her shoes off before tucking her into the blanket. Well that was until she said the one thing I was praying she wouldn't.

"Stay" Leah whispers in her drunken unconscious state

"I'm not going anywhere" I assure her, taking off my own shoes before sliding under the blankets. I wrap my arm slightly under Leah's jacket and around her waist, pulling her into my front as I bury my head in her neck.

This is where I felt my peace, my safety, my home.