Chapter Sixteen

I don't think we could have gotten out of that restaurant faster if we had tried, Alexia and Mapi with their girlfriends had quickly come to the rescue, making up a lie that we had plans to go shopping. I could feel Leah's intense gaze on me as we walked out, I could feel the regret coming off of her.

Leah was going to have a fun conversation with Jordan tonight.

Within a few hours, I was on the first flight back to LA. As the Spanish girls had to drive back to Spain tonight for practice, they had offered to drive me to the airport, insisting that they were going that way anyway. If you asked me, they had just felt bad and needed to get the guilty conscious off of their chest. With the universe being against me, of course I had ran into a few of the England girls on my way to the airport, the arsenal girls apologizing and telling me they had no clue what Leah was thinking. Gio and I had shared a hug, commemorating our few days together.

"Tastes like strawberries
On a summer evenin'
And it sounds just like a song

I want more berries
And that summer feelin'
It's so wonderful and warm

Breathe me in
Breathe me out
I don't know if I could ever go without
I'm just thinking out loud
I don't know if I could ever go withoutWatermelon sugar
High
Watermelon sugar
High
Watermelon sugar
High
Watermelon sugar high
Watermelon sugar

Strawberries
On a summer evenin'
Baby, you're the end of JuneI want your belly
And that summer feelin'
Getting washed away in you"

I fiddle with the strings of my guitar and new lyrics that cant seem to leave my mind, trying to understand what my brain is telling me.

"New song?" My brother asks me, he had been staying with me in my apartment in downtown LA after he had helped fly all of my stuff back.

"Maybe" I shrug, continuing to move my fingers and try new melodies

it was weird, most artists would say that coming up with lyrics was the hard part. Meanwhile, that had always come easy to me. Finding words, always knowing what to say. Often times it had even gotten me in trouble. It was the way I worded things that would give me trouble putting it into a melody, finding the perfect tune that struck all of the right parts in your body.

I wanted a catchy summertime song, one that reeked happiness and people could sing in the car, on their way to the beach. Specifically, I wanted a song that people of all ages could sing and bond over, freaking out over the meaning of my lyrics or not giving a second thought to it.

My flight wasn't until this Thursday, so technically speaking...I had a good three days to fuck around with new lyrics and see where it got me. I have written more in less.

My new song with Ed Sheeran wouldn't be coming out for 3 more months. During that time I would have just started my international part of the tour, debuting in Wembley Stadium on March 29th.

Sabrina Carpenter and Tate McRae would be joining me on tour, opening the show for me. Sabrina was one of my newest best friends within the industry, she was new and in the beginning she was hated because of drama. From what I have heard, her story just wasn't told. Until she released that album and everyone went crazy, my show would be the first time for her ever playing it live. I was extremely proud of the younger girl.

My girl, Tate was in a similar position. She's had a few albums out and has been on a few tours, some of her own as well, but she'd also be joining mine. The young girl has some experience and the way she interacts with the fans is beautiful, her stage presence is jaw-dropping alone.

When Thursday comes, quite too soon for my liking personally, it doesn't feel real. From the minute I board the plane to the minutes of me doing sound check at Sofi Stadium in LA.

"Let's go take a shot! Shot! Shot! Shot! Light a Jay in the hot days of May" my introduction sings over the speaker  as I make my way into the stage, strumming my guitar as I sing my opening song, Classic.

I watch as my fans sing and dance around, having the time of their life. If there was one things Taylor taught me - it was how to date someone on the DL and how to throw a concert.

I think we can all guess which one I actually listened too, rightfully so and I think Karlie Kloss could attest to that.