Chapter Eighteen

Audriana pov

I hadn't spoken directly to Leah since Ibiza, we had done our best to keep civil over social media but that had been about all the lengths we went. I saw her post this morning, she had confirmed that she ruptured her ACL and would be out of all upcoming tournaments and would be getting surgery soon. 

Leah had always said that tearing her ACL was one of her biggest nightmares, mostly because of how common it was and how long the recovery time was. All injuries had sucked, but a concussion or broken ankle made this one seem like nothing. 

Even after everything that had happened, I still managed to feel bad for the girl. I don't know what it was about the blonde, she just always had sucked me right into her vortex. 

Amanda had texted me, she had offered to pick me up from the airport and drive me to the hospital while Leah got her surgery. Apparently, her surgery would take about 2 hours, meaning we had time to catch up. How fortunate for me right? 

Sitting in this hospital room, I was full of anxiety. I remember the last times I had been in here, getting stitches after being in a fight, waiting on friends, and having friends in here waiting on me. 

Fucking hated hospitals. I hated this small stupid town. I hated England. 

"Where's Jordan?" I ask Amanda as I look around the waiting room, surely if Jordan could fly out to Ibiza and steal Leah from me, then she could be here as her girlfriend is having an intense surgery that could determine her career? 

"Jordan? Why would Jordan be here?" Amanda asks looking at me, an even more confused look in her eyes

"Aren't they dating?" I ask her again

"No" Amanda shakes her head, her eyebrows furrowed as she stares at me "They haven't been for two months, what do you mean?"

"Jordan met Leah in Ibiza two weeks ago" I tell her 

"No she didn't, your lying" Amanda says in shock as she gasps "what an idiot"

"I don't know" I say shaking my head as I look down at the floor  

"Leah's been in love with you since the moment she looked at you years ago, she took you on that trip for a reason, I have a hard time believing she would let Jordan ruin all of that" Amanda tells me, confidence in her tone 

"She kissed Jordan in front of my face the day after we slept together" I tell Amanda "Yet, I'm still here in this fucking hospital" 

"You two should talk" Amanda says nodding her head as she takes in this information "Your father owes me 30 euros" 

I lay my head in Amandas lap as she runs her fingers through my hair, just like how I always have done since I was a kid. We still had another hour of Leah in surgery, a long hair of waiting, anxiously, wondering what this all had meant for her career. 

Many people had come back from a ruptured ACL, but many people also hadn't. 

"How's my mini?" I ask Amanda as an overtone of calmness fills the room 

"She's definitely your mini" Amanda says with a laugh "lots of attitude with that one, she makes my day"

"what'd she do now?" I ask her 

"Your niece kicked a ball at Jacobs face because he said that the spurs were better, of course Leah then picked her up and spun her around the whole house" Amanda says, laughing as she recalls the event 

"she does have a point" I say proudly 

"She misses you, we all do" Amanda says "Come home more often, please Audriana"

"I hate this town Ma, you know that" I tell her sadly "the memories here aren't ones I wanna remember" 

Milton Keynes. Milton Fucking Keynes. The shit whole it was. Milton Keynes was a small town in north London, my mother had reeped pride for this place. The halls I walked down at school, she had walked down prior. In Milton Keynes, I wasn't Audriana Moore. I was Theresa's daughter, the three mischiefs little sister, and I was the girl that broke Leah's heart so I could start my career. 

It's where I got into the most trouble, where I threw parties and hurt a lot of people. 

I mean every street in this small city, I could give you a story about. If it was a good story, I could have guaranteed it had a different ending. 

Milton Keynes is the worst part of who I am, and I'll admit to that. 

"The surgery went well, she's in room 411" The doctor says after many moments of silence that felt like hours but was only minutes "You can take her home tonight and we'll start rehab next Tuesday" 

"Thank you" Amanda and I say in unison 

"Does she know I'm here?" I ask Amanda as we ride up the elevator, suddenly feeling a mix of nerves and anxiety

"No, she hasn't been on social media since she made that post" Amanda tells me "she'll appreciate it though"

"I'm scared" I admit, putting my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants 

"toughen up because were here" Amanda jokes as the elevator door opens 

I walk down that hall, remembering the last time I was here. it was two days before I had left for LA, I had gotten into a bad car accident. Leah was in the car with me, she broke a few ribs and had a concussion. I was so sure her and her family would have never forgiven me. I had been starring at Leah for a second too long, a second too long that had caused me to drive straight into the back of a dumpster truck. 

"I can't be here, I'm sorry" I tell Amanda outside of her room, in the doorway. I look at Leah sleeping peacefully on the bed with the heart monitors "I cant be here Amanda"