Chapter Nineteen

The bright lights and constant beeping had been all Leah was able to tell when she woke up. As her senses came back to her, feeling happy from the morphine, she looked around the room. Grabbing the water bottle from next to her and drank it, she looked at the flowers next to her.

Red chocolate cosmos.

A flower she knew all too well.

"Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?" Amanda asks, reaching out to hold her daughters hand

"Who are the flowers from?" Leah asks her mother

"The front desk brought them up" Amanda tells her, Amanda knew who they were from. Of course she did, it was the flower that was on Audriana's guitar, the one she had always brought to their home, the one's she bought when she had asked Leah to accompany her to the school dances.

"No card?" Leah questions

"I didn't see one" Amanda confirms

"Can we just go home?" Leah asks her mother, laying her head back on the pillow

Amanda hands her daughter the crutches, as she helps her stand up and get changed into comfortable clothes. Her heart broke at the state of her girl, she had so much to look forward to this year. She was supposed to captain England to the World Cup and bring it home after they had won the euros the summer prior.

the two hour ride back to Milton Keynes had been tough, there was so much that Amanda wanted to say. Amanda wanted to ask Leah about what had happened in Ibiza, what she was thinking. She had wanted to tell her daughter that Audriana was here for her, but she knew she couldn't.

Amanda knew exactly why Audriana had left, she saw it all over her face. The pure terror displayed on her face as she heard the heart monitors and saw Leah sleeping. It had brought her right back to that night in February 12 years ago.

As Amanda pulls onto their street, Leah sees Bella playing in her neighbors front yard with Jackson as Audriana sits on the front steps of the porch, on the phone with someone as she looks down at her feet. The girl had obviously been upset.

"I didn't know Audriana was home" Leah asks her mother "Why are you not surprised by this?"

"Not right now Leah" Her mother says harshly "Lets go"

Amanda holds the flowers and bag of clothes in her hand as she helps her daughter into their house. For the next few months Leah would be living with Amanda, her apartment had been too far and nobody would have been there to help her.

"Jackson, would you mind helping me with something really quick?" Amanda shouts, and the boy across the street nods as he runs over. The thing with the moore kids - they would do anything for Amanda. that woman had practically raised them, taught them all right from wrong.

"What's up?" He asks

"Can you help me bring the physical therapy boxes from the basement up?" Amanda asks the boy sweetly

"Yeah of course, i'll grab Audriana to help me" Jackson confirms

"Thank you, I'm making a roast tonight. You kids are more than welcome to stay" Amanda tells him with a welcoming smile

"Thanks Ma" Jackson says with a smile before running across the street, he walks out of the house with Bella on his shoulders and Audriana trailing behind him. One girl looking way more excited than the other.

"Go play with Nanny, remember be careful around the house. Let Aunt Leah rest" Jackson tells Bella as they walk in, he sets her down and watches as she walks into the kitchen, finding Amanda immediately.