023. | EYES DON'T LIE

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

Lando swiftly made his way through a sea of self-proclaimed celebrities (the so-called "influencers") in the paddock, offering quick apologies as he went and accidentally bumbed into these people.

He had just been through the press conference, and the moment the final question was asked and answered, Lando had dramatically tossed his microphone aside and bolted from the room.

He had somehow managed to persuade his team principal, Zak Brown, to let Alex Palou handle Free Practice 1, giving him roughly five hours before he needed to take the wheel for Free Practice 2.

Emery had been there for him since the beginning of the season, and he felt that he needed to do the same.

"Lando, please. Just wait for me!" His trainer, Jon Malvern, begged for him to slow down so that he could catch up.

But Malvern's prayers were left unanswered, as Lando had only one goal set in mind: to get to Emery in time. So they sprinted towards the exit.

The McLaren driver swiftly jumped over the paddock exit gate, his poor trainer sprinting after him. They finally made it to his car after receiving some weird looks, and without a moment's hesitation, they sped away from the circuit.

The estate where Emery was scheduled to ride in just thirty minutes was normally a forty-minute drive, but knowing Lando and his determination to watch Emery's round, he was ensured he'd get there on time.

And he did.

"There's no way you're actually here." Were the first words that Emery spoke when a sweaty Lando appeared next to her. She had finished tacking up Royal, and was almost ready to start her round.

Emery smiled at him, "I heard you arrive, by the way. You know, because your engine's pretty loud?" She giggled at him, pointing out the fact he was not being subtle. At all. "Plus how'd you even go through security that fast?"

"Perks of being a racing driver." Lando smiled at her, "But here I am, once again." He started singing the 'Victorious' theme-song, a tv-show they used to watch together when they were children.