2🪽

Eden walked around the store in awe. She stared at the animals for sale and showed them to her kitten who she decided to name Luna. Luna meowed at the birds causing Eden to laugh.
"Okay let's find you a bed and food. Annnnd maybe one toy." Eden said to her kitten. The happy pair walked around the store looking for the cat stuff.

"Can I help you with anything?" A person asked Eden. Their name tag read "Santana".
"Yes! I'm looking for food for her and a bed and one toy. Oh and bowls!" Eden said. Santana smiled and motioned Eden to to follow them.
"What's her name?" Santana asks while looking through the cat foods.

"Luna!" Eden said hugging her kitten tighter.
"So cute. You can feed her this. It'll be really smelly but she'll like it. Here are the bowls. they're pretty standard. Make sure you put a mat down underneath it. Do you have a cart?"
"Oh crap no... Can you hold it?"
"Of course." Santana said smiling. The pair walked to a different aisle.
"She's real little now but you can still get a pretty decent size bed." Santana said picking up a purple bed with stars on it.
"This is sooo cute! Do you like it Luna?" Eden asked. Luna meowed and stretched her small paw out in response.

"Oooh sorry but can you actually pick up the green one with the moons on it? Thank you!" Eden asked Santana. Santana make a face but shrugged and swapped out the beds.
"Did you still wanna look for a toy?"
"Yeah! You've been so nice I appreciate it." Eden said to Santana. They smiled in response. Eden and company decided on a pack of four variously colored balls with beads inside to create noise. They also picked up a green collar.

"This one is adjustable so as she grows you can just loosen it." Santana said taking the collar off the shelf. The group made their way to the checkout lanes. Santana placed everything down as they rang everything up.
"$98.63, cash or card?"
"Here." Eden said handing Santana the card Keion had gave her. After completing the transaction, Santana handed back the card.

"Would you like help bringing this stuff to your car?"
"Sure!" Eden said smiling. Luna was fast asleep in her arms. They walked out of the store and to Keions car. Keion peeked through the mirror and unlocked her doors along with popping her trunk. She got out the car and ignored santana
"Where my card?" She asked Eden. Eden produced the black card after reaching in her pocket.

"Thanks for helping!" Eden said to Santana. They smiled back and looked at Keion. Keions face, was as always, bitter looking with furrowed eyebrows. Keion went back in the car and turned it on. Santana stood awkwardly at the trunk with Eden.
"Is that girl, with the scowl on her face, your girlfriend?"
"Keion? No silly that's my friend." Eden replied with a laugh.
"Then... can I get your number? If that's ok with you?"
"I don't have a phone." Eden said frowning. "I kinda just got here." She added while she petted Luna.

"Oh okay, well..." Santana started, "That sucks, it was really nice meeting you though!" Santana said looking down.
"Thank you, you too bye!" Eden said getting in the car. She watched as Santana walked back into the store.
"How much you spent?"
"Not a lot!" Eden said beaming at Keion.
"You know that girl or sumn?"
"Nope! Well now I do I guess, they helped me in the store." Eden said. Keion nodded in reply and drove home.

Keion took the items out of the trunk and placed them in the living room. Of course she got extra shit, Keion thought to herself.
"Put her food on the bottom self of the pantry. The bowls and shit could stay in here. You can keep her bed and toys in your room. We gotta go back out later for litter and the box."
"Well where does she use the bathroom?"
"You better fucking rush her to the toilet. Don't let her shit or piss on my furniture." Keion said as she walked away to her room. Eden sat with Luna in the living room.

"She's just grumpy for now, she will love you." Eden said to Luna. Luna rolled over and yawed. Eden picked her up and walked her to the guest room which was now hers. She placed a sleeping Luna on her bed. Eden really looked around the room. It had no personality. A simple bed, dresser, and nightstand combo. No pictures on the wall.

Eden sat on the floor next to Lunas bed, as a feeling of longing hit her. She craved her unknown home and her long lost memories. Eden hugged her knees to her chest and put her head down.
"Ay Eden you n- where the fuck she went?" Keion said looking in the room.
"I'm on the floor." Eden said.
"Can you stop doing that? It's weird."
"I can't help it!" Eden exclaimed in a frustrated tone. She was just as weirded out and confused as Keion. Eden was unaware when she turned invisible or what caused it.

"Okay relax. As I was trying to say, you need a job. Food and cat shit ain't cheap. So what are you good at?" Keion said leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed. Eden unfurled her body, standing up, and shrugged her shoulders.
"I can build stuff." She said. Eden looked in the mirror and huffed to see she was still invisible.
"Like what?" Keion asked.
"Anything, I'm good with my hands and tools. I like it, it's easy."

"You barely know anything but some how you can build stuff... Okay."
"That wasn't nice." Eden said wincing. Still invisible, she sat on the edge of the bed.
"You just don't make any sense to me. I don't understand where you came from or why you're  doing the shit you do."
"I don't know either okay! It's not my fault and you shouldn't be mean to me because of it." Eden said slowly becoming opaque again.

"Alright Eden. just make sure you get a job." Keion said exiting the room. Eden stared at herself in the mirror, unsure if Keion was the right person to help her. She was coarse and not compassionate at all. Eden sigh as she looked down at her cat again. It felt nice to have someone who loves her unconditionally, well maybe it was the food and toys. But at least it was love.

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

second chapter complete.
questions, comments, concerns?