5🪽

Keion sat on the edge of her bed replaying what just happened. The cat talked... to her. Keion stared at herself in the mirror trying to decide if she should admit herself. There was three gentle knocks on her door.

"K-Keion? Are you okay? You didn't eat and usually we e-"
"Come in here." keion interrupted. eden stepped in the room holding luna.
"leave her outside, just you."
"oh she's just a kitten... i thought you liked her?"
"eden please." keion said. eden sighed and placed luna outside the room door before closing it.

"what's wrong?"
"the cat talked." keion said quietly. unbeknownst to her, this was her being vulnerable. she wasnt used to it and couldn't pinpoint the feeling.
"she what?" eden asked.
"she spoke to me." keion said deadpanning eden. eden sat on keions bed and pouted.
"well how come she doesn't talk to me? i talk to her all the time." eden said. keion made up her face.

"that is what you're worried about? not the fact that she talked but the fact that she talked to me?"
"well.. yea..."
"get out."
"why?"
"cause you're not understanding what the fuck i'm saying, leave."
"why are you getting mad at me?" eden said as a tear fell from her eye. she immediately turned invisible and continued crying.

"cause cats don't fucking talk on earth, they're animals. they don't do that."
"I DIDNT KNOW." eden yelled. the lights flickered in response.
"calm the hell down, you're messing with the lights eden."
"you get mad at me for everything. it's not MY FAULT! i don't know anything keion. youre so... you're so MEAN."

"MEAN? i've been nothing but nice to you since you, mind you," eden said putting her hand up to count off eden's offenses. "broke into my house, lived in my house, and now you brought this weird ass cat in here."
"DONT CALL HER WEIRD!" eden screamed at keion. this caused the power to go out completely. the air was silent and tense before keion spoke.

"look at what the fuck you did. get out my face so i can go fix it." keion said walking out her room. she stood by the door waiting for eden to leave her room. she couldn't tell whether or not she left her room. it was dark and eden was translucent.

"even luna knows you need to be nice to me." eden said as she walked past keion, wiping her tears. keion felt nothing but rage, she cussed all the way to the electrical box. she flipped everything on and off, using her phone's flashlight. all the lights and appliances turned back on.

luna was sitting directly at her feet.
"AUGGH. you need to go away."
"i live here keion."
"not if i open this door and leave you outside."
"why don't you like me? why aren't you nice to eden? she's only a girl."
"eden a grown ass woman. and you're a cat. and you cant talk. and i'm imagining this whole conversation." keion riddled off.

she grabbed a seagrams and sat down at the island. luna climbed up on the stool next to her.
"eden doesn't understand earth, keion. she may be a 'grown a-word woman' to you, but please. have some empathy and patience. she's brand new to a world that's always changing, you are her only constant. be kind." luna said before hopping off the stool to lay on the rug.

keion sat at the island with a blank look. she wiped her eyes once. keion thought nothing of the precipitation that fell from her brown eyes. she grabbed the zaxbys bag and got up to go to eden. keion knocked twice. eden wiped her face aggressively before opening the door a crack.
"yes?" eden said with a shaky voice.

upon seeing the gentle redness in keions eyes, eden ached to give the woman a hug. 
"do you want to eat together?" keion asked looking everywhere but at eden. eden nodded and opened the door more. before the door closed luna slipped in. the women sat on eden's bed as they ate. the only noise being the rustling of napkins. when they were done the noise ceased.

keion never apologized that night, but she tried her best to show she was sorry for the way she spoke to eden.
"can show me your list from earlier?" keion asked.
"it's not very long. i remember everything." eden said fiddling with her hands.
"tell me."
"my name is eden venus the I, i'm 21, i turn invisible when im sad, i can build stuff, and i guess now i mess with the lights and stuff." eden said the last part quietly.

she was mildly ashamed of her outburst earlier but she wasn't ashamed of how she felt. she was allowed to feel strong emotions.
"how do you know you're the first?"
"there's no one else like me." eden replied with a twinge of sadness in her voice. keion nodded her head and glanced at luna in the corner of the room.
"uh... the cat is cool."
"do you wanna hold her?" eden asked as her eyes lit up. keions immediate thought was to say 'fuck no' however she was trying to show that she could change, for edens sake.

"sureeeeee." she gritted out. eden went to pick up luna, she placed her in keions lap.
"you gotta pet her." eden said. keion looked down at luna. it seemed as if luna was smirking at keion. keione hesitantly petted the small feline. she gently purred.

"she loves you!" eden gasped as she clasped her hands together. luna stared at keion and winked.
"take her back." keion said handing luna back to eden.
"aw okay."
"how's the job hunt going?"
"i forgot... i- im sorry."
"ill help you, come on." keion said heading to her room.

"can i bring luna?"
"uhhh sure. just not on my bed okay?"
"okay!" eden replied. for the rest of the night the two women looked at keions computer applying to jobs that eden might like. the tension had dissolved completely. luna smiled as she heard the women laughing and talking.
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・

ch5 done
not edited & idk if i already said this but i prob won't edit the book or start editing until it's like halfway done ok thanks