3🪽

The next morning Keion woke up and immediately rolled her eyes. She was instantly reminded of the yesterday. Truthfully she felt kind of bad for the way she talked to Eden. But what she said was true. Keion didn't understand what Eden was. She went to the bathroom to handle her hygiene business. As she walked out to the kitchen, Eden was in the living room playing with Luna.

"Hi!" Eden said to Keion.
"Morning." Keion said getting a bowl to put cereal in. She never understood how people have so much energy in the morning.
"Do you read the newspaper?"
"No, why?"
"I used it."
"For what?" Keion asked. She poured honey bunches of oats and cinnamon toast crunch in her bowl. She poured the milk then a tiny splash of hazelnut coffee creamer. She mixed around the bowl glancing up to see Eden staring at her. 

"Luna had to use the bathroom." Eden said staring down the bowl.
"Oh alright, that's fine. Today we can go get the litter and stuff. Then I gotta go to work."
"Uh huh." Eden said barely listening.
"Do you want some?" Keion said making up her face at Eden.
"Oh no it's okay." Eden said not taking her eyes off the bowl.
"Oh my god bruh." Keion said. She grabbed a spoon and handed it to Eden.
"Try it. Cause you so interested." Eden excitedly grabbed the spoon and took a bite of the cereal.

"THIS IS GOOD!" She yelled.
"Well I'm glad you like it." Keion said with a slight attitude.
"Yo cat look like she hungry." Keion said pointing her spoon at Luna. It hadn't yet occurred to her that she was sharing her breakfast with Eden. While it may seem juvenile, Keion was not big on sharing. Eden went to go put food in Lunas bowl along with fresh water.

"See now we can all eat together!" Eden said patting Lunas head.
"Can I come with you to work?" Eden asked.
"No."
"Well why not?"
"Because I said so."
"But-" Eden started. "But nothing. Lemme ask you something." Keion interrupted.
"Okay sure." Eden said taking a bite.
"As long as you been showing up here, that's how long you been away from your home?"

"I think so yea."
"You've been living in my place for three months?"
"I mean... technically yes. But you didn't think I was real!"
"That don't matter Eden. The more I think about it the more I realize how crazy I am for letting a stranger live with me..." Keion said eating the last of the cereal. She put the bowl in the sink and turned to face Eden.

"You need to figure out what you are and where the hell you come from. And you need to do it quickly."
"I don't know where to start." Eden said dejectedly. For once there was no hint of happiness or hope in her voice.
"Figure it out." Keion said heading to her room.
"And go get ready we leaving soon." She said as she closed her door. Eden sat on the floor trying to hold back tears. She already explained to Keion that she needed HER help.

Instead of crying and pouting the way she wanted to she went to go get ready. Keion had put some of her clothes in the dresser in Eden's room. Once again, Keion did this absentmindedly ignoring the fact that she was sharing with Eden. After both women were ready and heading out Eden stopped.

"Can I bring Luna?"
"No."
"What if she pees while we're gone?" Eden asked. Keion rolled her eyes but realized she had a point.
"Fine grab her. But take her bed and that newspaper so that if she does use the bathroom you can just throw away the paper." With that, Eden walked out to the car. Eden looked at Luna.
"Okay stay right there." She said to the cat, rushing to go grab the bed and the newspaper.
"Good job let's go!" Eden held the bed low to the ground so that Luna could jump in her bed. the pair walked out to Keions car.

"You're gonna hold her in your lap the whole time?"
"Why, jealous?" Eden said raising her eyebrows up and down with a laugh. Keion didn't reply deciding that, that was more than enough conversation with Eden for the next hour.
"You go here a lot." Eden said as they pulled into a Walmart.
"How do you even know that?" Keion asked glancing over at the woman.
"I've seen the bags in your kitchen." Eden replied smiling.

"Put her in your pocket and let's go. I have work in like an hour & a half." Keion said. She grabbed a cart and they started walking around the store.
"We finna get litter and the box. Then I gotta get some stuff for work."
"Like what?" Eden said checking on Luna in her middle pocket.
"Plastic wrap, hand sanitizer, and some snacks."
"Can I pick the snacks?"
"No."
"Well why not?" Eden said slightly annoyed.
"Cause it's for MY job bruh, here take this." Keion said motioning Eden to pick up the bag of litter next to her.

"It's heavy and Luna is in my pocket. She's just a babyyyy." Eden cooed at her pet. Keion rolled her eyes and picked up the bag of litter along with a box. They walked around the store getting the rest of the stuff Keion needed.
"I want this." Eden said pointed to a family size box of cinnamon toast crunch.
"We got that in the house."
"So?"
"Put it in the cart and be quiet." Keion said. Eden smiled and put the box in the cart. They checked out and walked back to the car. 

"Gonna drop you home then i'm going to work. I'm gonna be back around 6."
"What am I supposed to do while you're gone?"
"Research yourself. Figure out who you are."
"That sounds boring, can I come with you instead?"
"Eden, listen to me. Do yourself a favor and figure out who you are." Keion said with a rigid tone. Eden chose not to talk for the rest of the ride home.

The group got home and put away everything.
"I'm out." Keion said.
"We'll miss you!" Eden said waving with Lunas paw. And just for a split second, Keions face softened before she nodded then left.

:):):):):):):):(:(:(:):):):(:):):):(:):):):);):):):):(:(:):(:(:

long ahh chapter.