6🪽

within the next two weeks eden had gotten a job at a hardware store. it wasn't her first choice but they didn't mind paying her in cash so she stayed. keion planned on opening an account for eden but she kept forgetting. keion brought her to work and picked her up. the two had become friends, not just roommates.

"i read about something." eden said to keion on the way home from her job.
"what was it?"
"therapy." eden replied. keion side eyed the younger woman.
"the hell you read about that at?"
"i saw it on the tv then i looked it up. i think you should go."

"girl what the fuck...?"
"you get sad a lot and don't want to tell me what's wrong. so i thi-"
"stop watching tv."
"aw man." eden said. "luna wants a friend."
"my god you are just full of bright ideas today, how do you know that eden?" keion replied turning onto their street.
"she told me." eden said matter of factly. keion couldn't argue with her seeing as that luna did talk openly now.

"fine... we'll go next week." keion said. the pair arrived home and eden ran to go tell luna the news. keions phone rang as she set her bag down on the stool.
"yes?" she said picking it up.
"hi key." keion immediately pulled the phone from her face to look at the number. a wave of disgust wrapped around her face.
"how the f- why do you have my number?"
"connie gave it to me."
"what is it that you need novella?"
"hoe ian calling for you. where's eden?"

"why would you think i know where the f-
"KEIONNNN, SOMETHING IS CRAWLING ON THE WALL!" eden yelled down the hall.
"fuck." keion muttered to herself.
"don't call my phone no more bitch." keion said hanging up on santana. keion went to go kill whatever invader was on the wall.
"motherfucker is from outer space but scared of a little ass bug." keion said to herself grabbing a shoe and making her way to eden.

keion truly does care for eden. keion has seen the movies, she knows what happens to people from space. they get dissected and tested on. keion didn't want that for eden. despite keions incessant swearing and apparent frustration. she has enjoyed the bit of excitement that both eden and luna have brought to her life. although keion is still learning how to cope with the idea of extraterrestrial beings and she's also dealing with her own existential crisis about what it really means to be alive and reaching your true potential, keion enjoys having eden and luna around.

"DONT KILL IT!" eden yelled at keion as she raised her slipper to the insect on the wall.
"fuck you want me to do with it?" keion said with her face made up.
"put it outside, luna said that all l-"
"okay fine. go get a PLASTIC cup."
"i saw on tv that plastic is b-"
"EDEN!"
"yes?"
"get the fucking cup and for the love of god stop watching tv."

"okay!" eden said running off to go grab a cup. when she made her way to the kitchen, keions phone was ringing.
"KEION THE PHONE!"
"JUST GET THE CUP, THE BUG MOVING."
eden picked up the phone out of bare curiosity.
"hellooo this is keions phone!"
"eden?" the person said over the phone. shocked that someone knew her name she didn't know what to do.
"umm maybe? who's this?"
"it's santana, i'm happy to hear from you."

"ohhh hi! i didn't know that you knew keion."
"i've been calling and trying to reach you, how are you?"
"i'm good! i have a job and a cat and im gonna get another cat an-
"EDEN BRING THE CUP BRUH!"
"uhhh hold on!" eden told santana. eden quickly grabbed the plastic cup and ran back to keion.

"the hell took you so long?"
"well-"
"you picked up the phone didn't you?" keion said as she put the cup over the bug. she slid a piece of paper under the cup trapping the bug.
"yes but-
"it was santana wasn't it?"
"yeah." eden said looking away from keion. keion took a deep breath then let the bug out the window. the pair walked downstairs to find santana was still on the phone.
"didn't i tell you not to call my phone?" keion said.

"and didn't i tell you that i don't be calling for you?" santana snapped. eden's eyes were prickled with tears. keion took the phone off speaker and went into her room.
"what the fuck do you want with eden?"
"i already told you! why do i have to go through you in order to talk to her bruh."
"don't ever call my phone again you weird funky bitch." keion said hanging up and blocking santanas number.

she walked out her room and heard eden crying.
"why are you crying and where are you?"
"couch." eden said sniffling. "i'm not trying to cause trouble here okay?"
"i know that." keion said sighing. "eden do you understand that im not trying to shelter you from people? you don't know anyone. im tryna make sure you don't get hurt."
"i thought she was my friend." eden said quietly.

"santana isn't even her first name."
"oh... i'm sorry. you're right, i don't know anyone. but i want to know people... this isn't fair."
"i can't see you but wipe your face alright? it's not a big deal. stop crying. look here comes luna."
"where?" eden said as she became visible. luna laid down on edens lap and got comfortable.
"you will be okay sweet eden. keion cares for you." luna reassured eden
"why are you telling my business?" keion muttered.

"YOU C-"
"stop yelling." keion interjected.
"you care about me?" eden said crying again. however she didn't turn invisible. she stayed fully opaque as she cried. keion just stared at her.
"hey wait i'm still here." eden said ceasing her crying and wiping her eyes. "why am i still here?"

"those are happy tears... i mean i think. you cry a lot ion know." keion said as she shrugged.
"you don't cry when you're happy, when are you happy? you don't really smile or la-"
"eden?" keion interrupted.
"yea?"
"you're yellow."
"i'm wh-" eden stopped mid sentence and she stared at her body. there was a soft yellow glow emulating from her body. eden looked back at keion with an unreadable expression pasted on her face.
eden immediately passed out.

the glowing ceased soon after.
"shit shit shit shit shit!" keion swore and she went to go get water. luna stayed put on eden, silently monitoring her. keion came back and flicked the water on eden face.
"yo. get the fuck up. hey. hello. eden. SHIT." keion lowly yelled as eden didn't move. keions doorbell rang.

she opened it to find an unknown woman there.
"is eden here?" the woman asked with a slight slur to her words. as if she would drop down at any moment.
"who the hell are you?" keion asked.
"i'm i-ivy." the woman said before she pulsed bright orange and dropped down.
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

ch6 finish
the music doesn't always correlate with the chapter

i hope yall are excited for the new characters