1

Ever since you were a child, you were never the one who started a fight, but you were always the one who ended them.

Being orphaned at a young age due to the looming war, you only ever had your older sister and your little brother. War had taught you a lot of things at a very young age.

How to steal, how to make do with one meal a day, how to ignore the stench of rotting corpses, how to raise your brother while your sister was away looking for food and shelter and most importantly, how to use your quirk.

Quirks were a relatively newer ability that humans had begun to develop. About 50% of the population had them, while the rest of the 50% was still quirkless, normal humans. Neither of your parents had a quirk, as far as you could remember, so obviously you didn't expect to get one either.

Not to mention, your sister was quirkless too. So you had expected the same fate. But sooner than later, you had found out that you were different.

You did have a quirk; Temperature Control.

You could control the temperature of anything and everything. You could control the temperature of the air, the bodies of humans, food, anything.

At first, you would use it to warm your siblings when the nights were too cold and you three scampered together in the dingy little hut that you called home. Your brother was a growing child and as were you, so your sister began to work even harder to get food for you three.

But she made you promise something very important. To never reveal your quirk infront of the military officials. With the war being as rampant as ever, the government had been trying to get as many quirk-wielding soldiers as they could. She didn't want you to be drafted in the army and neither did you want to be taken away. You may not have a lot to eat, have dirty clothes, dirt and grim coating your skins, murky water to drink, and no roof on top of your heads, but you were happy with your family.

So you promised her and stuck to it.

But, life was never fair to anyone.

The temporary illusion of peace that you shared with your siblings was soon shattered when another strike of war raged at the outskirts of where your sister worked.

She had left for work one day... and never came back.

And thus, at the age of ten, you were the eldest sibling left in order to raise your 4 year old brother. With how the area had been close to getting ingulfed in the flames of the ongoing war, you decided to relocate yourself and your brother to a small town that was still relatively safer than the rest of Japan.

Life there was simple.

You got up. You made breakfast for yourself and your brother, you'd chop wood and sell it at the town before going fishing to make lunch. After that, you would sell the extra caught fish at the town before finally going back home to your brother.

It wasn't a bad life.

Sure, your heart ached at the loss of your sister and you wished for revenge, but what could a weak girl like you do? So ultimately, you extinguished the fire of vengeance in your heart to raise your brother.

One day, you were out fishing like usual when you came across something that was bubbling in the river. You peered inside to see... A person, a boy. In a heartbeat, you jumped inside and immediately pulled him out.

He had pretty, short white hair, spotless pale skin and soft pink eyes that glowed a gorgeous magenta color when light shined upon them. He seemed to be around the same age as you.

The moment you pulled him out, he took a gasping breath of air before lying in shock at how he was still alive, "Oh... oh, I..." He couldn't even form words, coughs rattling through his weaker form.