10

You walked inside your hospital room, and were greeted by the sight of an empty space. That's to be expected, since you weren't expecting them to show up exactly at afternoon.

After nestling yourself in the hospital bed, you glanced around the room. Now that you're back here, your boredom had returned with you. And so, you could only hope that your family would come over soon, you even missed Shoto's random babbles about, "Do fish breathe?" Or, "If the alphabets were created by humans, why do they need to be in alphabetical order?"

You know, usual Shoto questions.

Thankfully though, it has only been around ten minutes since you had returned that the kind nurse from before came in and was pleased to see you already back, "Oh, you're here already! Did you have fun taking your stroll?" You nodded wordlessly and she gave you a kind smile before turning to the door.

"Well, your siblings are here too, so say hi." She opened the door and ushered them in. Once all of them entered, you scanned over everyone that came.

Natsuo, Fuyumi, Shoto and the family maid (who seemed to leave you guys to your own privacy as soon as she saw you were doing well).

Where's Touya?

It seemed like your siblings managed to somehow read your mind as they chuckled sadly, "Touya... he says he won't visit you... I tried asking more, but he just closed the door to his room." Natsuo started as you nodded. You figured as much.

With his already fragile mental state, you're not surprised that he would be having a hard time deciding whether or not to visit you, "It's fine, I'm happy you guys came to visit." You began and both Fuyumi and Natsuo were left speechless.

Oh, right... this was the first time they must have heard you properly speak.

"Y-You... You just..." Fuyumi sputtered as Natsuo's jaw hung open. Shoto still had a sad look on his face but he managed to walk over to your side and hold your hand tightly. You returned his gesture by squeezing his hand back in reassurance.

"You sound... so cute!" Your older sister finally finished and you just gave her an awkward smile, which seemed to shock Natsuo even more, who had just gotten over his previous shock.

"She's smiling too!" Your albino older brother noted and you nodded at his words. You're not emotionally constipated, jeez...

"[Name]... How have you been? Did you eat breakfast already?" Shoto whispered at your side, and you directed your gaze over to him. Your eyes scanned over his timid features, softly peering at you in worry over your health. Raising your free hand that he wasn't clutching onto for life, you pressed it against his head and gently ran your fingers through his dual colored hair.

You weaved your fingers through the strands and watched how the red slowly mixed with the white, "I did. Did you eat too?" He nodded fervently and you patted his head once more. Turning over to the two older people in the room, you stared right at them, "How have you all been? Is mom okay?"

All of a sudden, the atmosphere of the room changed into something much more grim. Shoto's small, growing smile fell and he buried his face in your side as Fuyumi had tears welling up in her eyes. Natsuo just turned his head away.

You couldn't help but feel worried over their reaction.

"Is she okay?" You asked, your tone much more hurried than before as Fuyumi decided to step up and start explaining to you, "[Name]... Mom, she..."

She, what?! What happened?!

"-that man sent mom away to a rehabilitation center because apparently 'Mom's lost her mind'..." Natsuo finished Fuyumi's sentence and grit his teeth. Meanwhile, you had your eyes widened in shock.