4K+⁠☆ Special

Hello hello! I just wanted to thank you all, so much for the 4K+ votes and all your love and support. As promised, this is an AU of what you may have gotten if Enji had saved you and Touya. P. S. This was meant to be the OG story that I would have written until I decided that it was too happy.

Anyways, thank you so much for all you support, once again! And please enjoy <333

————

Waking up to the scent of antiseptics and bleach wasn't really the best way to start the day, in your opinion.

It was a good way to start the day, though, if you had narrowly escaped death.

That is, a feat that the two Todoroki children had accomplished.

You opening your eyes was a miracle in on itself, one that made the nurse who was jotting down your reading, sputter around like a headless chicken as she panicked about what to do first.

Should she check her eyesight if she's dreaming or should she call the doctor? Although your awakening was such a miracle that she had actually contemplated the first option, but years of medical experience taught her that before anything, calling the doctor came first.

Even if she was hallucinating.

You, on the other hand, were taken aback when the first thing you saw after waking up was a random nurse panicking while looking at you.

Yeah... You've got a hundred questions... And you'd appreciate getting answers to most, if not all of them.

But you waited, and watched. Waited until the doctors showed up and checked up on you before exclaiming in disbelief how you had already woken up, and how it was a scientific miracle.

According to them, both you and your brother were miracles.

What the hell does he mean–

Touya...

"Is-Is Touya... Touya okay?!" You croaked, your voice cracking and the doctors looking at you in surprise at how the first question you asked after waking up was about your brother. Fortunately, they acted quick in quelling your worries as they reassured you.

"Your brother is fine, much better now. You should really thank your father for saving you two. Any longer in that fire and I'm afraid you wouldn't have made it." One of the doctor informed and you blinked in disbelief.

Enji saved you? Really?

"It's been over a few months since you've been in a coma. Your brother woke up just a week before you, so you don't have to worry about him. He's in stable condition." The doctor then goes on to say, "I'm sure it must be quite overwhelming for you, but your family has been waiting for you-both of you... patiently."

He wasn't lying when he said that.

Because as soon as you were in the clear after waking up from your months-long coma, you saw with your single working eye how Shoto's teary figure peeked in, along with Fuyumi and Natsuo.

"[N-Name]...?" Your poor twin stuttered and turned back to look at your older siblings as they ushered him inside. Knowing that despite how they may have felt, your twin definitely took the brunt of it after you had fallen in a coma. He deserved to be the one to meet you first.

Like muscle memory, your lips twitched into a small smile as you greeted him, "Hey, Shoto..." Your voice was still scratchy after not being used for a while, but it still seemed to have reached out to your brother, because he instantly started sobbing.

Loudly.

"[N-N-Name]!!" He cried out, before rushing to your side. The nurse nearby was worried he might slam into you or grab you roughly, but the moment he reached your side, his hold on you was as gentle as a feather.