15

You embraced Nozomi's slowly fading warmth in your arms, letting the warmth soak into you and encase your cold form.

A few tears escaped your eyes, but you didn't let your lover see them as you kept a firm yet gentle grip on him.

"[Name]." Nozomi's slightly raspy voice entered your ears, making you hum softly in response.

"Wake up."

Your eyes widened in surprise. What did he mean by wake up? You were awake-no... you had died. You couldn't wake up. You remembered dying in that fire, the weight of Touya's body pressing against your figure, as the smoke slowly filled your lungs and deprived you of oxygen.

Then... What did he mean?

"Nozomi, what are you talking-" You were cut off by your lover grabbing onto your face firmly, a grim look on his face, "[Name], we don't have time to talk. You need to wake up! Wake up.... and help Touya."

"Touya... What? How do you know-" This time, the one to cut you off was a bright shining light. It started off small, soft and glowing warmly. But before long, that warm light burned brighter and burst through the void you were in with your lover.

You watched how Nozomi faded away in front of your own eyes upon the light shining on him, but before you could even cry out, you were pulled out of there.

————

Your eyes snapped open in horror, tears still dripping down your cheeks.

[Brother Name], Nozomi... There were right in front of me just now...

You breathed heavily as if you just woke up from a God awful nightmare. But despite your confusion, your instincts and training kicked in and you quickly assessed your situation.

You had several tubes attached to you. IVs and an oxygen mask placed on your face, that was what was aiding you in breathing. A soft blanket was strewn all over you, tucking you in bed. The room around you looked like someone had made it for a 4 year old, not that far from your age.

No... wait, what? You're twenty!

Where's Nozomi? He... He died, didn't he? That day he finally came to terms with your death, Nozomi had died...

What happened to [Brother Name] after that? He had lost not just you but also Nozomi in such a small timespan, you can only imagine how miserable he must have been. He must have been in so much pain, your poor brother...

Suddenly, you groaned as a flood of memories came rushing in... The war, All for One... Your reincarnation, Shoto, Touya, Fuyumi, Natsuo... Your new parents, Heroes, Villains...

The onslaught of sudden memories had you feeling as if your head was going to split into two. With shaky arms, you pushed the soft blanket on top of you, to the side and lifted your body off of the plush soft bed, "Where... even am I?"

Ugh... Your back is covered in sweat.

Touya... That was the last thing you remember. The fire, and your new brother, Touya.

Where... is Touya?!

You mustered up all the strength in your arms to push yourself up even more. Turning your body to side, you slid down the bed and almost fell on the floor if it wasn't for your hold on the side drawer.

On the wall above your bed, you saw a plethora of get-well-soon cards and drawings that looked like a bunch of children made them. Many of them had cute looking scribblings on them that wrote: