16

OMG WE JUST GOT OUR FIRST FANART FOR CICATRIZE!! This was sent by the very lovely so TYSM for this! I laughed for a good minute after reading the small comic because I literally want to turn this into a crack fic just for the sake of messing with Enji. But still, I absolutely adore the art style and the little middle finger [Name] gives in the pic really seals the deal! n e ways, tysm for this! On with the chapter!

————

By now, it had been a total of two months since you had woken up in the creepy orphanage. The kids were kind to you, although they did have... questionable ideals at times. You figured it was probably related with the fact that a literal villain might be raising them.

Blending in with the kids wasn't a hurdle for you either, even if you did embarrass yourself by acting unnecessarily immature at times just to fit in. Still, the kids were somewhat like siblings to each other.

Hanako looked out for you, and you used her older-sister complex to your advantage. Through very subtle methods, you managed to find out that while this orphanage was managed by the 'Master', not many had contact with him.

The only person who had any direct contact with the Master was the Doc but from what you've been told, that man visited every 3-4 months, so you had yet to meet this guy. The Sunflower man was also pretty good at keeping things a secret, so when you got even a tiny bit closer to getting some new info, he'd immediately butt in.

Thankfully, no one had yet suspected you to be any thing but a normal 7-years old.

And you'd like to keep it that way, even if you have to embarrass yourself once or twice for that.

Touya hadn't shown any signs of waking up, and you were growing increasingly worried about his health. Even if Mr. Sun told you that he'd be just fine, you knew better than to trust this creep.

The most you could do for him was make sure his muscular mass wouldn't wither away by regularly exercising his limbs. Just watching him lying on the bed helplessly as tubes stuck to him, being the only thing keeping him alive, made your heart ache.

He had a new set of burn scars after the fire. Namely on his arms, and on his abdomen. His face had a few scars, like the one that extended from his mouth to both the sides of his cheeks. It was like skin stitched up. But other than that, there wasn't much on his face.

Your quirk had kept him safe, even when you had passed out.

But that didn't mean you didn't get burned. You also had a matching pair of new scars marring your skin. Other than the scar Rei had given you, you had a huge burn scar that went from the your left shoulder to your torso. Mr. Sun said that the petroleum jelly in your backpack was what had fanned the flames and burned your back this badly.

Other than that, you had one on your upper arm that ended at the middle of your forearm. You didn't have much on your legs, because your quirk was still half-activated when you were unconscious. That's what saved both you and Touya from getting burned to death.

Speaking of quirk, you did get some time to yourself to perform those testing experiments. And the results certainly shocked you.

You were expecting that since you hadn't trained your quirk, it would have been stuck to the 2 meter range. But to your surprise, your range had suddenly expanded to 8 meters.

How is that possible? You didn't even train your quirk-

Wait... Your range when you were 7-years old, in your previous life... was about 8 meters. Does that mean... that your previous range is returning as you grow older?!