22

As you stared at the man on the ground in front of you, you wondered if his supposed network of connections extended to what you needed of him.

Fake documents.

The fire was forming a ring that surrounded all three of you while keeping Compress's lackeys away. In other words, it gave you the privacy you needed to strike this next deal.

"Tell you what... We'll work for you." You stated, an empty look in your eyes as stared at him. Now that you're having a real good look at his face, why does he seem so utterly familiar to you? It's almost like you've seen his face for a long time.

Atsuhiro had an uncomfortable look as he silently kept waiting for you to continue, "-but saying that the compensation for doing your dirty work would simply be a residence and a bit of safety... It's kinda unfair, don't you think?"

Again, you were met with silence. Instead, the brunette was trying to figure out in his head, just what was happening. There's no way he was getting threatened by a 7-year old, right?

There's no way you were the one who was the mastermind out of the two of you.

You're a literal child–

"So, instead... How about I state my demands and you state yours? Since our relationship is going to be purely based on business, I suppose it would be wise of us to also treat it as such." A small smirk flashed on your child face, and that's what had snapped the male out of his shock.

No, this was actually happening.

You had him locked in a checkmate, leaving his hands completely immobile and him, utterly defenseless. His usual dexterity was of no use as he could barely feel his hands, they were practically numb and frostbitten.

He was more surprised that his hands weren't starting to get affected by necrosis, but figured that perhaps it was also your doing. Keeping the conditions of his arm just cold enough for it to be frostnipped but not that cold that he'd forever lose his arms.

What terrifyingly accurate control you had over your quirk...

Seeing you show your true strength, he was slowly starting to accept why you were the one in charge. But it was still unbelievable that a 7-year old would be this smart to not just keep herself but also her brother alive, while living on the streets.

Even if you factored in Touya's little part-time, Atsuhiro knew that it would barely stock up enough money to feed one person, let alone two growing children. Besides, even if Touya's quirk did take care of warming you both, you still needed clothes and had other basic needs.

All in all, what he meant to say was that while there may have been a public image of Touya being the main provider, and the one in charge but behind all that facade, you were the one who mainly provided for both of you, and took care of all major planning. Be it keeping both of you well-fed and happy or taking care of the finances.

"What... do you want?" After a pretty long time, Atsuhiro finally spoke. He didn't want to admit it but he was dying with curiosity over what you both could require that made you fight back with such fervor.

You seemed rather pleased with his pliant question, "Oh, it's simple. Along with your initial offer, we'd like to add a few more things. The first and the most important one being... fake documents."

The man was surprised.

Did you just say fake documents?!

But you didn't falter upon seeing his surprised face, and kept a calm face, "I-I'm sorry, fake documents? As in, forged documents?! Why-Why would you even have the need for that–"