28

Hello hello! Sorry for the late chapter, Ramadan has only started and I've already fallen sick twice already (tbh the first time was two weeks ago, not in Ramadan ik but still) so yeah... I'm still sick. Somehow, my EAR is clogged instead of my nose so I can't hear anything and my throat hurts sm. N e ways, enough of my ranting! Look at this amazing piece of art submitted by @Simp from Quotev so a huge round of applause and gratitude for them, for this beauty of an art! Love how [Name] looks like a female version of Shoto (cause they're literally twins) and just the overall look! 1000/10 for this! Tysm! Pls enjoy!

————

Touya had noticed that something about you was off.

Actually, it was pretty obvious. You had been cooped up in the house ever since your birthday, acting like a hikikomori, who had lost all hope in the world and was only waiting for the comforting embrace of death to take them.

It was almost three days since then and with how you were, you weren't even one to stay in the house for too long, except for sleeping. You were always out and about, so seeing this change in you had him quite worried.

But then, you spoke to him and suddenly, he felt like everything was falling into place like a puzzle.

"Let's go back, Touya."

Your brother froze in his tracks, eyes wide as he stared at you in shock. He was quiet for so long that you were almost convinced that he hadn't heard you. That is, until he finally replied, "What...?"

"Let's go back."

"But why? Why... would you want to go back?"

You had a tired look in your eyes and even heavier eyebags under them, making you look far older than your actual–physical–age.

"Why not?" You asked, huffing a little. "It's not like we're being hunted down," Touya looked like he wanted to say something to that, but you cut him off because you knew exactly what he was about to ask you.

"Before you ask, yes. I looked into the orphanage. No one... survived, so their master definitely considers us dead. And it's not like it matters. We're not nearly as important or special for him to turn the whole town upside down just for some kids." You spat out with vitriol, not even knowing that your own tone had been so aggressive.

Even Touya was taken back, but he quickly collected himself when he realized that you were serious. You really did plan on going back...

"... I just don't understand. Why do you want to go back?" Although it was hard for him, Touya somehow managed to keep a leveled voice, knowing that he had a habit of bursting into anger.

But deep down, he knew that the thing that he dreaded the most was coming to life; you were ready to leave him just for that stupid family... For Shoto.

"Why don't you want to go back?!" By now, you were starting to lose control of your emotions. Had this been you a few weeks, you would have been the level headed sibling, talking it out with Touya.

But lately, you have been feeling more and more drained, to the point where you feel like everything is out to piss you off. You knew you were bound to snap, it was just a matter of time when it would happen.

And, this disagreement with Touya was not helping you in slowly losing sight of your emotions.

Instead of being the calmer person, like you usually were, you were starting to lash out on Touya. And even your brother had picked up that you weren't feeling like yourself, so in order to keep the peace between you two, he had been trying to keep his anger and frustrations to himself, instead of bursting them out on you like he was always doing.