2

You knew you had died. I mean, it was pretty obvious that you did. You really didn't have any expectations to live after that encounter with All For One.

But instead of feeling some sort of peace or tranquility, you were met with being surrounded by a warm fluid, in a dark, enclosed space with a blob right next to you.

You couldn't breath, but at the same time, you didn't feel suffocated. You knew you hadn't eaten anything, yet you didn't feel hungry, you didn't feel thirsty.

When you imagined life after death, this is certainly not what you had imagined. You were expecting to meet your parents and your sister, all your comrades that died in the war, your childhood friends, but none of that.

"Just a little more, Todoroki-san!!" A distant voice rings in your ears and the blob next to you is suddenly gone. A drift of air passes by you, and you hear joy in the voice of whoever was talking.

"Alright! The first child is out! Now, just a little more!" A woman lets out a scream and suddenly, an extreme pushing force is exerted on you. Your ears are flooded with a range of sounds but all you can see is black and white, the world seems like it's covered in grey.

"She's out!! Hurry, wrap them up!" You feel someone hold onto you as the cries of a child enter your ears, "The first born is healthy!" A woman declares and the person handling you begins to massage your back and chest.

"Why...?" The person handling you speaks, horrified that one child was crying and you weren't.

"She isn't crying! Clean her up, and check her breathing. If she still doesn't cry, then get ready for CPR." You hear someone yelling, but you're still quite delirious, "What... is going on? Are... Are my kids-Are they okay?" A tired feminine voice rings in your ears and you still can't be bothered to let out a word.

"She has a heartbeat, but she's not crying or opening her mouth!"

The person handling you finally starts thumping you with a bit of force and his little force is like a stab wound for little you. Your mouth shoots open and a cry escapes your lips.

The entire room erupts in cheers upon hearing your cries but you try to tone it down.

What the fuck is happening?!

Your cries aren't as loud as the brat who's screaming bloody murder right beside you, but the lady handling you still wraps you both in blankets and sends for you both to be cleaned before Rei can see you both.

On your way there, you hear someone's voice speaking in the distance. You think it's a man, "You did it... You gave birth to a perfect heir, Rei."

And yet, you still haven't realised what has happened...

After getting 'cleaned up' like someone had said before, you are presented towards what you assume to be a woman and a man (suddenly your eyesight is worse than the time you were fighting All For One).

"Have you thought of a name for them?" Another lady asks, who is not the one who's holding you right now and the man nods as he points to the brat next to you, "Shoto. Todoroki Shoto." He's about to point at you when the lady holding onto you speaks up, "I... want to name her." The man stops and ultimately let's her do whatever the fuck she wants.

The lady caresses your face and leans over. Only then, do you get a clear image of the woman's face. She's smiling softly as she peers down at you, "Todoroki [Name]... Just like the warrior who protected all of Japan..."

————

You finally realise it.

You were never one to believe in rebirth, it was always such a stupid concept to you. You, who had hurt and killed so many people (even if they were bad), wasn't even sure if you'd end up in heaven.