25

Hello hello! Sorry if this chapter was a bit late... I'm moving houses :) But screw that.... HAVE A LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY OF AN ART!! OHHH MYYY GODDDD, IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE, LIKE?? LOOK AT MC! SHE'S SO HOT, THAT EVEN THOUGH I'M STRAIGHT, I WOULDN'T MIND IF SHE SHOT ME WITH HER GUN! LIKE PLS STRANGLE ME WITH YOUR ARMS BBG! AND LOOK AT TODOROKI!MC SHE'S SO CUTEEE!! THIS BEAUTY OF AN ART WAS THE HANDIWORK OF THE GREAT AND TALENTED @Potato Chip so a HUGE round of applause pls! Tysm! P.s, the phone isn't letting me link their account with their name so I'll do that later :p

————

Shoto hated getting up early.

The morning cold air was annoying to him, and he would always want nothing more than to curl up in his blankets and sleep away.

Unfortunately, other than his mother and... his deceased sister, no one else knew about this dislike of his. Not even his father, who was responsible for waking up Shoto so early in the morning, every day.

But it's not like Shoto actually cared anymore.

Ever since you had 'died', Shoto had become the shell of the person he used to be. He no longer felt like his life had any meaning other than getting back on his father and avenging your death. He would be a hero, not for his father's sake, but for yours.

Sometimes when the loneliness got too heavy to bear, he'd lay down his futon and read your old books, imagining as if he was back to being a 3-year old, laying with you in your shared room while you would read away.

He never really reached out to his siblings to see how they were faring, ever since that incident. He knew Natsuo had become a lot more aggressive everytime he saw Endeavor, and Fuyumi had started to become a little too emotionally drained. Watching them act like this reminded him that he hadn't just lost a sister, but a brother as well.

He didn't know much about Touya, just a few snippets here and there from what you would tell him or when he'd hear Fuyumi and Natsuo reminiscing their older brother.

But frankly, as much as it disgusted Shoto to feel this way, he knew that he didn't exactly feel as miserable at Touya's death. If anything, the dual haired boy held somewhat of a vendetta against him.

It was technically Touya's fault... His fault that you had died. His flames were the ones that scorched your body, burning you to mere bones.

He didn't want to hold a grudge against the dead, but he had realised that maybe you would have gotten to live if only you hadn't followed Touya to Sekoto Peak that day.

But what's gone is gone.

Shoto cannot turn back time, no matter how many times he cried himself to sleep, just for one single chance to save you and perhaps, Touya too while he's at it.

No matter what happens, Shoto didn't forget that time continued marching forward. He was reminded this when he looked at himself in the mirror once more, smoothing out the wrinkles of his jacket before wearing his bag around his shoulders.

"Shoto, aren't you going to eat your breakfast?" Fuyumi's voice rang through his ears as clear as a bell. But the boy was in no mood to eat anything.

Food didn't taste the same anymore, without you or his mother.

So he hoped that maybe she would just think he had left already and not nag at him anymore.

Ah, but looks like he already ran out of luck.

"There you are! What are you doing, tiptoeing to the door? Your breakfast is still untouched!" She scolded, in her hands a spatula that she used to flip the eggs she was cooking.