7

The next morning, you woke up to the sight of your cute twin.

He was snuggling up to you so cutely, you couldn't help but giggle to yourself. Despite his half-hot quirk, he still was like a cat who seeked warmth and cuddles.

When you got up, he whined at the lack of warmth and you managed to brush some of his unruly bedhead to a much more neater hairstyle. And akin to a cat, he leaned in your warmth.

What a cute child.

Thinking over your conversation with Rei yesterday, you pondered over if Enji really would end up sending you away. After all, you've given him every reason to do so.

You're quirkless so you have no potential value. You've literally stabbed him so he has every reason to hate you (even if you had every right reason to do so). You've been helping Touya train. According to him, you're also a distraction to Shoto and moreover, your selective mutism can help further in the diagnosis that you should be sent away.

And he tries to do exactly that.

Over the next few days, after Enji's glares have toned down a bit, he finally invites someone over and makes you sit in a room with them.

Its a gentle looking man with a kind smile.

"Hello, [Name]-chan. My name is Yamazaki Murata. I am a psychologist associated with the NPO JAM, The Japanese Association of Mental Health."

You look at him with distrust, something that he should understand as a psychologist as to why you don't trust him.

"Recently, I was told that you tried to hurt your father. Is that correct?"

Again, no answer. But he doesn't seem that annoyed.

"Alright. Well, no need to start off so strong. How about you tell me what you like to do throughout the day? Do you enjoy spending time with Shoto?"

"Yes." Finally, you speak up. And you know he revels in your little answer. Trying to hide his relief that you're answering him and not being mute to him either.

"I see. What do you do with Shoto?" He scans your body language for any signs while you make sure to sit completely calm and poised, "We play. Sometimes I teach him how to read."

"Wow, you can read? Who taught you that? Is it your mother?" You don't answer that, instead you keep looking at him.

"Well it's fine if you don't want to answer. I won't press you if you don't want to answer me–"

"Why do I need a psychologist's diagnosis? Is it because of my selective mutism or the fact that I hurt En-I mean... my father?" The psychologist doesn't look that shocked. He was told beforehand that you were an extremely sharp child.

"Why do you think that you need a psychologist's diagnosis? You're a smart child, after all." As he smiled at you, you can't help but feel a bit annoyed.

"It depends. Are you truly on behalf of JAM or are you simply seeking out the answers my father wants, one way or another?"

"It seems like you have quite some issues-"

"Of course I do. It's only to be expected after I watched my own father mercilessly beat my mother down, simply because she didn't do as he told her to." For a moment, the psychologist's eyes widen in horror as they return back to normal.

"Yamazaki-san... I am not in need of a diagnosis, but who truly needs it... Is my father, who kicked me to a wall when all I did was try to save my mother." Narrowing his eyes at you, the man slowly started, "Correct me if I am wrong, but did you not try to hurt your father?"