17

You had started when Miyo, Hanako and Sumika were combing gently through your hair, "Say... How did you all end up... here?"

All three girls froze in shock.

For a moment, you were worried that they might lose it and try to attack you, but after a small while of silence, they returned to combing your hair silently without saying a word.

"Why do you wanna know?" Miyo was the first one who answered, and you decided that you need to carefully tread through this, "Well... I was just wondering, if you all got hurt like me too?"

Sumika sighed as she sorted through the many assortment of hair clips that she had, "All of us here have been hurt. Not necessarily physically, but definitely mentally... We've been hurt and betrayed by those stupid heroes, people that were meant to save us but they never did."

"Heroes, huh?" It's good that the girls are opening up to you, you just need a little bit more information about what happened, "What do you mean?" You tried to ask for some sort of elaboration, but Hanako decided to answer, "You're too young to understand, so let's just leave it at that. All you need to know is that everyone here has been wronged by the world."

"But-"

"That's enough, [Name]. You shouldn't force people to talk about things they don't want to." Miyo finally concluded and you bit back an annoyed huff, "I'm not... forcing them." Instead, you decided to take this on calmly and like a responsible adult.

"I'm just asking... how the entire world wronged all of you when it was the heroes that failed? Did the world really do you any wrong, Miyo-nee?" The said girl stopped combing your hair and looked at you with a cold look. The other two girls sensed the sudden change in the tension and could feel their fight and flight response kick in.

Miyo really was scary.

"Wrong? Did they wrong me...?" She seemed as if she was almost fixed in a trance, "You tell me... Was I not wronged when my own uncle... touched me? When I told my mother, and she blamed me instead?! When... When I tried to get the police but no one fucking believed me?! Or-Or when I had finally stabbed that son of a whore, I was the one my own mother called a monster?!"

Miyo looked close to hyperventilating and you honestly didn't know how to answer. But she wasn't done, "I lived on the streets for a whole month! Yet no one helped! I ran from the police, but no hero ever tried asking why I did what I did!! None of those heroes everyone praises so fucking much!!"

You could only watch in horror as the blonde girl has tears pooling in her widened eyes. Wronged? That was understatement... No child should ever have to go through this-no, not even an adult should have to go through this. No one should have to go through this.

And yet, the child in front of you went through all this horror. And as much as you had planned on changing their ideals, everything was starting to make sense as to why they hated the world and were willing to follow the Master to his every will.

He had saved them when no one else had.

But this just solidifies your resolve. You can't let them wallow in the misery of their past, for the rest of their lives. It must be hard, and it must be painful. But you want them to have a good life, not spend the rest of their lives cursing the whole world and die hating it.

And so, just as Miyo began to cry softly, you immediately wrapped your arms around her figure, surprising the blonde. For a moment, she stopped breathing as soon as your arms touched her, "Yes... You were wronged, Miyo-nee... I'm sure all of you were hurt and wronged..." You start, softly rubbing your hand up and down her back in a comforting manner.