Chapter 6: Dap Me Up Eddie

"HOW DO YOU FORGET TO ASK FOR HER NUMBER?"

"BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING IDIOT EDDIE!"

(Y/N) was only thirty minutes into his shift the Monday after meeting Zatanna but he knew it was going to feel like the longest shift of his life. "Is there a reason you didn't you didn't just ask your friend for her number? You know, THE FRIEND THAT SET YOU UP WITH HER?"

"Yes Eddie there actually is," (Y/N) lied.

"Oh really? What is it?"

(Y/N) sighed. "I knew I couldn't live down the embarrassment of having to ask one of my friends for her number. Also my giant ego that I do not deserve to have wouldn't let me."

Eddie put his drink down. "Dude you ok up there," he asked pointing to his head.

"The depression and anxiety I went through yesterday says no but I'm good. I got meds for that. Anyway, back to the problem at hand."

Eddie shook his head. "Kid, you are an idiot. Just text your friend!"

(Y/N) let out a dejected sigh. "You're right. Wally is going to make so much fun of me for forgetting to ask for Zatanna's number but-"

Eddie choked on his drink. "Wait kid, did you say Zatanna?" (Y/N) shook his head yes. "Long black hair, blue eyes, tan skin? Kinda looks like a goddess?" (Y/N) shook his head yes again and Eddie started laughing. "Kid, why didn't you say so? Give me one sec." (Y/N) looked at Eddie confused as his fellow bartender got up onto the bar. "ATTENTION EVERYONE! HALF OFF MARGARITAS FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR! MAKE SURE YOUR MAGIC FRIENDS KNOW!"

(Y/N) pulled Eddie off the bar as the patrons cheered and began informing everyone. "Dude! Do you WANT me to be even sadder? HALF OFF? That's money coming out of my paycheck."

Eddie placed a flipper on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "Trust me. That door should be opening right about now," and as if on cue, in walked the most beautiful woman (Y/N) had ever seen. The one he was convinced he already let get away.

"(Y/N) hi! I didn't know you were working today! I had planned on surprising you at some point though."

"H-hi Zatanna! It's great to see you again," he said with a smile after stuttering for a second. Eddie began to laugh and patted (Y/N) on the back.

"Go on kid, I'll give you thirty minutes and then you're back behind here."

"You're a lifesaver Eddie," (Y/N) while fist-bumping Eddie. Is it a fist bump if he has a flipper? Fuck that, focus you idiot. He turned his attention back to Zatanna while walking to a booth. "Care to chat?"

Zatanna flashed him a smile. "Of course, though the half off margaritas better have been true and not just a ploy to get me here."

(Y/N) chuckled. "Even if they weren't, I'd make sure you still got one." He took his seat in the booth opposite of Zatanna. "I am glad to see you though. I realized I forgot something important on Saturday."

Zatanna began to chuckle. "Yeah, Artemis and I were wondering when you were going to notice. Gotta say I'm a little heartbroken it took you this long. Artemis was sure you'd text her or Wally asking for my number almost immediately."

(Y/N) felt his cheeks heat up from embarrassment and looked down at the table. "Believe me I wanted to but I just couldn't risk Wally making fun of me for that. He already has so many embarrassing stories and I wasn't sure if this was one I could risk letting him get his hands on." He then looked up at Zatanna. "But seeing you here now, yeah it would've been worth it 100%."

Zatanna felt her own cheeks heat up and she smiled. "Flirty on a Monday morning? You never take a day off I see."

"I could say the same thing about you oh great magician," (Y/N) said while motioning to Zatanna's outfit. It could easily be described as something a Las Vegas stage magician would wear but....hotter. The two had become so lost in conversation, and each other's eyes, that they didn't even notice that Eddie had made two margaritas and levitated them in place until they heard Eddie clear his throat. "Eddie I'm on the job, you know I can't drink."