CHAPTER 47: CAUGHT

INSIDE HELENA'S ROOM

THE NEXT DAY.

As the morning sun rose and its light enveloped the moon, Grace transformed back to her human form.

"Ahhhh-hhaaaaa... It's morning already."

Grace said while yawning, as she stretched her body, feeling a bit sore. She opens her eyes and notices that she wasn't in her room but in Princess Helena's room.

"Oh, no, not again."

Grace said in a panic as she stood up from the ground quickly and searched for a cloth to cover her body. She glanced towards Helena's bed and was surprised when she found it empty.

"Huh? Why is the princess not on her bed, staring at my body as she always does?"

Grace said in her mind. But for some reason, she felt disappointed that Helena was not there to stare at her.

"What... am I thinking?"

Grace thought, shaking away her naughty thoughts about a seven-year-old princess.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

After hearing a knock, Grace turns her gaze quickly toward the doorway.

—---------------------------------------------------------

GIGGADON EMPIRE INNER CAPITAL

ROYAL KNIGHT ORDER 3RD SQUAD BARRACKS

ROYAL KNIGHT 3RD SQUAD LIEUTENANT'S REINER OFFICE.

*CREAK* *DOOR OPENING*

The door opens as Lieutenant Reiner walks in with two young knights following behind him. After he entered his office, he walked behind his work desk and seats.

"So, what is it that's so important that you have to report this early in the morning? Trainee Knight Henfrey and Anna."

Lieutenant Reiner asked the two trainee knights, who stood in front of his desk. While he takes a file on his desk and reads it.

Trainee knights are interns who passed the written and basic physical knight qualification exams. But before they become official knights, they have to reach the realm of Grandmaster Knight. This requires them to have the ability to control mana.

And In the event that they fail to reach the Grandmaster realm after three years, their title as trainee knight would be revoked. Never having the chance to become a knight again.

After he asked, they both stared at each other before nodding.

"Lieutenant Sir, while patrolling the outer capital we–we heard about a strange rumor that has been going around recently. The common folks say, that in the past few months, they have heard the howls of a beast, and some say they have seen a beast-like figure with bright golden eyes jumping across buildings. And we think this thing might be the perpetrator of the recent kidnappings."

Trainee knight Anna said, in an ecstatic tone.

"Hmm..."

*BANG*

After listening to her words, Lieutenant Reiner closed the file in his hand aggressively as he places it on the table before sighing.

"Sign... and what proof do you have that this 'monster' of yours exists? It can't be that you believe the words of some drunk commoners, right?"

Lieutenant Reiner asked with a serious expression as he stared at Anne.

"Well... I don't have any evidence yet, but I will—"