1. Pregnant

Elena's POV

"Elena," Darius mind-linked me. "Doctor Arnold just informed me that you are pregnant."

I placed a hand in my stomach my heart leaping with joy. "I am pregnant?" I asked gracefully.

"Yes, you are and I demand to know how," Darius yelled. "Come to my office right now."

And here I was expecting a congratulations for being pregnant with his pup, the heir of the pack. I didn't understand why he was shocked that I was carrying his pup. It was definitely the result of the steamy sex we had four nights ago.

Darius was the Alpha of the Ocean Shadow Pack. It was the largest Pack in the country.

"Elena honey!"

My heart skipped a beat as I heard grandma call out my name. I tilted my head. "Were you calling me, grandma Serena?"

Grandma Serena didn't respond instead she just stood there staring at me. I was certain she was wondering why I was smiling like an idiot. Well, she confirmed my certainty, when she spoke up. "You should be here in the kitchen, helping me prepare lunch and not standing there smiling like a fool. Come here, Elena."

I grabbed my hand bag. "I'm so sorry Grandma Serena, but I have to go."

"But you have only arrived... " I rushed to her, and took her hand and kissed it. "Your grandson wants me in his office right now."
"Is everything alright?"
"Yes, yes Grandma Serena, everything is alright. I feel like I am the luckiest Luna in the world."
Grandma smiled. "My True Luna."

And here she goes again. Unlike Alpha Lucas and Luna Catherine, Darius's parents who disliked me from day one for being the chosen mate of Alpha Darius, Grandma Serena had loved me and always told me I was just like her. Yes, Grandma Serena was Darius's late Grandpa's chosen mate, just as I am Darius's chosen mate too and not fated mate. But they had loved each other and led the pack in happiness and peace. Grandma always claimed that I possessed every abilities a True Luna should possess and that reminds her of her youth.

I noticed Grandma's smile change to a frown swiftly. "You shall miss lunch, I shall miss lunch too."

I was silent for a while and then spoke in an undertone. "Stop it, Grandma. I'm so sorry to spoil the day for you but I have to go. Do you want Alpha Darius to be mad at me?"

"You know I do not want that, Elena. Go now before I start to cry."

Well, Grandma meant that a hundred percent. Her son and grandson didn't want to have anything to do with her, after grandpa died. I was the only one she had.

I said my goodbye to Grandma Serena and left.

X X X
I gazed at Alpha Darius, hopefully, brightly, yet I felt there was something wrong. He didn't seem to be happy at all. In fact he looked downright miserable. "Has something bad happened?" I asked softly. "You're upset."

"I am upset," he told me. "I had such plans. For us both. But..." He put his hands over his eyes.

"Alpha Darius?" I whispered. "Tell me. I'll try to understand. It can't be so very bad, can it?" My lips parted as I saw the look of distress and anger on his face. "Is it something that I've done?"

"Yes. Yes!" He swallowed hard. "What I am going to say, Elena, will affect our future."

"But...?" I questioned, frightened by his pallor and his obvious wretchedness and the fact that I was pregnant with his pup. "What of our future?"

"There will be none," he groaned. "Not together. We reject each other by tomorrow and in front of the pack members."

Alpha Darius was so angry that he could spit nails in my worried face.