9: Revelation

Laura

"Auntie, Alpha Killian doesn't love me. In fact, he never loved me. Can you imagine he threatened to slit my throat into two?"

I sat before the dressing mirror, my white hair cascading, brushing it gently. "Killian never hurts anyone unless provoked. Besides, he'd never harm a lady."

"He tried to strangle the life out of me, auntie," Melissa cried out.

"Come to me, my dear. I'll talk some sense into him. He can't harm you; you're his chosen mate, the future Luna of our Pack." I couldn't help but wonder why Killian would do such a thing to her. Why would he dare try to strangle the lady I chose for him? Just two days ago, he promised me he'd give her a chance and get to know her for my sake.

Melissa came closer. I examined her neck, seeing a red bruise. "Oh, sweetie, why did Killian do this to you?"

"I heard he dismissed his mate because of a lady spy who was arrested—"

"A lady spy? And how is it that I'm hearing this for the first time..."

"You didn't know?"

" I didn't know. Killian told me nothing," I said, astonished.

"Well, rumors have it that Killian wants to make her his personal maid," Melissa said. "Isn't that ridiculous? He doesn't even know her, so how can he entrust such a duty to her? What if she tries to poison him one night or stab him?"

I sat there, smiling sheepishly, thanking the Moon Goddess silently. I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that my son was in love. I used to worry that he showed no interest in women and wondered how our pack would have an heir. I'd employed Maria as his personal maid, hoping he'd fall for her, but he never noticed her. Then, I hired Melissa to befriend him, yet he remained oblivious to her efforts. I remembered telling Melissa to lure him to bed, countless times but she failed such a simple task.

"Auntie, you have to send that lady back to her pack. She could be a thief or spy or something worse," Melissa said firmly.

I opened my drawer and withdrew a substantial sum of money. "This is three times your payment. Your services are no longer required."

"But aunt, I really..."

"Melissa dear, someone else will complete your task."

"I love him, auntie," she said pathetically.

"I understand, dear. You'll find someone who loves you. You're a beautiful girl who deserves the best in life," I said, trying to console her.

"But aunt—"

"Now, take this money, sweetie, and go home," I interrupted, taking her hand.

She accepted the money. "Thank you, aunt," she said, looking disheartened.

"I gave you a straightforward task, and you couldn't fulfill it. You know where the fault lies," I remarked vaguely.

"It's my fault," she said sadly. "I could have tried harder."

"Don't be sad, sweetie," I said, watching her depart. Meanwhile, I was elated, eager to meet the lady who had captured my son's heart at first sight.

I decided to surprise Killian by visiting him and seeing who the lady was for myself.

As I stood up, my phone began to ring. I glanced at it, and it was Killian calling. I answered the call.

"When were you planning on telling me about her?" I asked, feigning anger.

"About who?"

"About who?" I repeated. "About your new personal maid."

"I didn't know you would be interested in knowing who she was. Besides, I dismissed the maid you employed for me—"

"And you thought I would be mad. Come on, Killian, nothing matters to me more than your happiness. When am I going to meet her?"

"Do you really want to meet her? I mean, she is not from this pack and..."

"That doesn't matter to me. I just want to meet her and thank her," I said without thinking.

"Thank her?" There was an evident note of confusion in his voice.

"No, I mean I have to see her for myself and be sure she isn't a spy," I clarified quickly.

"We will be having dinner at the Packhouse tonight," he said, tentatively.

"I will wear my best robe, then..."

"Mum?"

"What?" Was it wrong to look nice in front of his new personal maid?

"Okay, I have to go. Bye."

"Bye, love," I said happily. "My kisses to you, son."

I grabbed a robe, put on some makeup, took my handbag and car keys, and left the room.

"You have a day off, Tory," I said, beaming with smiles.

"Thank you, ma'am," he said, though he had a surprised look.

I smiled. "Don't be surprised. Tell Zara to leave as well. You both can come back in two days' time. Save your thanks. Now listen, I will soon be organizing the mating bond ceremony for my son. When I set a date, just know you and your family members will be invited."

He nodded, confusion evident in his eyes. "Yes, ma'am."

"Oh, I'm talking too much out of excitement. I shouldn't be the one announcing this but my son. Just don't tell anyone about it. Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes, ma'am," he said and bowed.

"You can leave, Tory. Send my greetings to your lovely parents."

He began to go, and I felt hilariously excited at the thought of having a grandchild and an heir to this pack very soon. I thanked the Moon Goddess as I got into my car.

X X X

I arrived at the Packhouse. I realized that there were no maids and guards on board.

I walked into the house, heading straight to the dining room. There, I saw my son with the supposed personal maid sitting at the dining table. "I'm sorry, sweethearts, for keeping you guys waiting."

Killian stood up. "Hello, Mum. Meet my new personal maid."

I waited to see who it was that had won my son's heart at first sight, albeit hastily. She stood up and turned to me. "Hello, good evening, ma."

"Elena?" I was dumbfounded. "You?"

Author's note: Please do leave a comment and vote

Author's note: Please do leave a comment and vote. Thanks. I will like to know your thoughts about the story's pace, so far.

Note: This is my first werewolf story. May not be perfect but you won't regret reading it. And please drop your comments. Like, share and support me. Thank you.