Chapter 7: Intrigue

Alpha Killian

A guard informed me of a lady trespassing in our Pack, leading me to cancel the Pack's meeting and investigate the situation. I arrived at the prison where she was being held and commanded, "Open the gate."

The guard immediately complied, and I entered the prison to find a beautiful woman sleeping. Clearing my throat, I woke her, and she rose to her feet.

"What's your name, lady?" I inquired.

"My name is Elena," she said faintly, appearing pale.

"I never knew a beautiful woman like you could be a spy."

"I'm not a spy, I got lost."

"I see," I replied. "Too bad-"

She interrupted me, her voice trembling, "I know who you are. I know you will kill me. Kill me now, don't waste any time."

I questioned her assumption, "What makes you think I will kill you?"

"Everyone knows you're brutal and you don't have a heart..."

Her words intrigued me. She was beginning to interest me and I responded, "You're the most feared Alpha in this country."

"You must mean respected. Everyone respects me. There's a difference between respect and fear..."

As she began to feel unwell, I asked, "Are you okay?"

"I feel dizzy," she said, holding her head, nearly collapsing. I caught her and carried her to a seat, holding her in my arms.

"Aaron, call the Pack's doctor right now," I ordered the guard at the door.

"Yes, sir," he replied with a bow and left.

"Elena, the doctor will be here soon," I reassured her.

She nodded, and I couldn't help but notice her enchanting beauty with her blue eyes and dark chocolate hair.

A few minutes later, the doctor arrived. After instructing him to examine her, I left the prison.

When Doctor Jonathan emerged later, he delivered surprising news, "Alpha, you'll soon be a father."

"What do you mean?" I asked in astonishment.

"The lady is pregnant," the doctor disclosed.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Bring her to the hospital, Alpha, and I'll run tests on her."

"Very well, then. Expect her tomorrow," I said. "You can leave."

Jonathan bowed and departed. I returned to the prison to see Elena seated, "How are you doing, beauty?"

"My name is Elena," she said, in attempt to correct me.

"How are you doing?" I corrected myself.

"Why are you being so kind to me? From all I've heard about you, I pictured a fierce lion that tears every skin that isn't family," Elena remarked.

I laughed, "Rumors can be deceiving. My mother taught me to respect women, especially pregnant ones. She said, 'Son, always treat women like goddesses.'"

She smiled again. "Well, rumors can destroy a person. Everyone considers you coldblooded."

"I am indeed coldblooded, however, you seem to hide that part of me. By the way, who's the father of your child?"

Elena smiled briefly, then her expression changed to agony, and she began to cry. I knelt in front of her, taking her hand and kissing it. "Do you feel better?"

Her tears flowed even more, and I hugged her, comforting her with, "Shh, beauty."

"It's Elena," she sobbed.

"Alright, Elena," I said, patting her hair. "Now, you have to get cleaned up. The maids will attend to you, and we'll have dinner together at the Packhouse. I can't let you stay with the maids and slaves because you're pregnant. You won't try to run away?"

She nodded, looking innocent and naive. "I won't."

"Good. I'll be waiting for you," I said before standing and leaving.

I exited the cell, giving orders to my trusted men. "Simon, keep an eye on her. Ensure she doesn't attempt to escape. And Andrew, instruct the maids to take excellent care of her, give her a bath, dress her in the finest clothes, and apply perfume. Then bring her to the Packhouse. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Alpha Killian," Andrew replied with a bow of his head.

I left the building and a guard opened the door to my Ferrari Enzo. I entered the car.

"Where are we heading, sir?" my driver, Jake, inquired.

"To the Pack's office," I directed.

We arrived at the pack's office where my Beta, Oscar, was waiting for me at the entrance. I stepped out of the car.

"Hello, Alpha Killian," he greeted, bowing.

"Hello, Oscar," I replied, walking into the building with him following.

"You seem unusually happy today, Alpha Killian. Have you found your fated mate?" Oscar asked, clearly surprised.

"No, Oscar," I answered.

Oscar stopped walking, and I turned to him. "Is there a problem?"

"No... No, Alpha. I'm just surprised. You're so different today, and polite," he said, appearing concerned.

"How was I before?" I inquired sharply.

"Um... Please don't beat me up," he pleaded.

"If you don't speak up now, I'll have no choice but to take action. Be honest," I warned.

"You used to be cruel."

"I want you to dismiss my personal maid; I've found a replacement."

"But sir, Maria is excellent at her job-"

"I have no use for her anymore. Reassign her to the other maids or slaves; she'll work with them."

"If you're dissatisfied with her work, I can give her a warning-"

"You will do as I say," I insisted. "And provide her with a million dollars to take care of her sick grandmother. It will take her twenty years to earn that much. She should consider herself fortunate I'm in a good mood."

"Tell her to set up the dining room and prepare a suitable meal for a pregnant woman," I added.

"A pregnant woman? Have you gotten someone pregnant?" my Beta questioned.

I smiled mysteriously and continued walking. "I want everything ready by 6:30. As I mentioned, I will have a guest."

"Understood, sir," he replied and hurried away. I entered my office, a smile on my face as I envisioned Elena's radiant smile and eyes.

"I heard you've welcomed a stranger into our pack, a supposed spy. Is she your mate?" Melissa shouted, snapping me out of my reverie.

"She's not a spy; she simply lost her way. From now on, she'll be my new personal maid."

"Are you out of your mind? You don't even know her."

I stood and walked towards Melissa, slowly placing my hand on her neck and tightening my grip. "You've never been of any use to me. If it weren't for my mother's obsession with you, I wouldn't be choking you right now; I'd be slitting your throat in two." I released my grip and pushed her away. "Now, get out."

"I'm sorry," she stammered.

"You disgust me, Melissa. Just disappear from my sight, and I never want to see your face again," I shouted.

She promptly fled, and I sighed, adjusting my tie.