3. Divorce Agreement

Elena
I folded my lips and my hands formed fist. "I just have one question for you," I tried to say without letting a single tear in my eyes drop. "When did you find out that Sarah was your mate?"

He helped Sarah stand properly. Guilt was so evident in his face. And that deceitful woman beside him had a smile on her face, as she took Alpha Darius's hand. "I think it's time you must know the truth, Elena dear. Alpha Darius and I, had found out we were mates, five days ago."

Five days ago! Were my ears really playing tricks on me? On that day he came into my room drunk and slept with me. He could have warned me earlier on that day and this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be this miserable.

"Congratulations to you both!" I said, pained yet with a smile. "I wish you guys a future of regrets!"

With that, I took to my heels, leaving them standing there. Break a glass on the floor, it still won't shatter like I did.

I felt dizzy and weak. I hadn't eaten anything since last night. Neither had I slept a wink. And for the fact that my body used all its power to build a shield around my heart to handle the pain I was just feeling now, I thought I may faint.

Immediately, I texted our family lawyer's number to meet me at the packhouse for the preparation of the divorce agreement, now. I wasn't worried about this news spreading like wild fire. After all the only person I didn't want to find out about the news of our divorce was grandma Serena. She would be more broken than I am. I rushed back to the packhouse. In my room I broke down in tears, in hot tears.

"Luna!" I heard a soft knock on my door. "Oscar Brown has arrived," Ayla the maid informed me from the other side of the door. I had asked him to come now without thinking, but I didn't have the impetus to look him in the eyes when I see him with the divorce papers. I didn't have the audacity to sign the divorce papers. Why did the lawyer come so early?

"Hello Ayla, tell Oscar I would be with him in twenty minutes time," I said, trying not to sound indestructible but my voice must have given me out.

Two minutes later, a knock came on my room. "Come in," I said.

Tatiana, the Omega came in with a tray of food.

"I never asked you to bring me any food," I complained.

"Grandma is here. She asked me to serve you this food," Tatiana said and bowed.

I jumped up from where I was seated and ran out of the room. Luckily for me, grandma was still in the kitchen, so this meant she hadn't seen Oscar yet. I informed Ayla to lead Oscar to Alpha Darius's office room, because I knew Grandma never came any closer to Alpha Darius, his room and his office.

"Grandma, you are here," I said, after comporting myself. Just a few minutes ago, I had rushed back into the room and applied makeup on my face to hide my pale face. I even forced myself to eat the food Grandma had asked Tatiana to bring to me, so I could look healthy at least.

"Yes, I am. You decided not to visit me, so I decided to visit you," grandma said. "If the hill will not come to Mahomet, Mahomet will go to the hill."

"Oh Grandma, it's not what you think," I said with a wan smile.

"I am traveling, so I have been packing my things," I lied.

"Have you been crying?" Grandma suddenly asked, scaring the living daylights out of me. "Your eyes... they are so dull."

"No, I'm just so stressed out from packing."

"Where are you going?" Grandma asked, as though she could tell I was lying.