10: Redemption

Elena

I gazed at her, noticing the familiarity in her expression.

"Do you both know each other?" Alpha Killian inquired, his eyes shifting between me and his mother.

"Luna Elena Mirabelle Jenner, daughter of the late Beta Fabian Darrell Jenner and the mate of Alpha Darius Kendrick Ferguson-"

"Luna?" Alpha Killian interrupted, surprise evident in his voice. "You must be making a big mistake... Just because of her name, I assume."

"No, it's no mistake. She saved my life back then," Laurie chimed in. "I sent gifts to her Pack as a token of my appreciation, but she returned them with a letter. The letter said she didn't want anything from me, only my well-being and safety."

Alpha Killian shot a glance in my direction, and for a moment, I feared his anger.

I was left speechless, my thoughts in disarray. Now they knew who I was, what would come next? Would they send a message to Alpha Darius, informing him of my presence in their Pack? Would they expel me? What awaited me and my unborn child?

"Luna Laurie is right," I finally admitted, breaking the silence. "However, I am no longer the Luna of Ocean Shadow Pack, nor am I mated to Alpha Darius."

Their intense gazes bore into me.

"I have nothing more to say, but I implore you not to send any message to the Ocean Shadow Pack about my whereabouts. I promise you, I will leave, and you'll never see me again," I pleaded, looking down.

"Go where? No one is asking you to leave," Laurie reassured, coming closer. She cupped my face and kissed my cheek affectionately. "Welcome to our Pack."

I was overwhelmed by her warmth and understanding. I couldn't believe that she didn't judge or criticize me for leaving my Pack and being rejected by Alpha Darius.

"Are you shy?" she asked, patting my hair. "Oh, you're such a naive girl. How could any man reject someone like you? You should be cherished like a diamond."

Alpha Killian cleared his throat.

"Okay, I have to go," Laurie said, glancing at Alpha Killian.

"Can I make you dinner before you leave?" I asked tentatively.

"Just rest. You can cook later," Laurie replied with a smile.

Her phone rang, and she answered it. "Hello... What! I'll be right there."

"Is there a problem?" Alpha Killian inquired.

"Something urgent came up, but I'll deal with it immediately." She walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Okay, goodbye, Elena. Goodbye, son. See you next time," she said with a smile before leaving, adjusting her glasses.

I turned my gaze to Alpha Killian, wondering if he was angry with me. His piercing blue eyes locked onto mine. "You were rejected?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I know I have no right to interfere in your business, but... you should have told me this," he said.

"I didn't think it was important for you to know-"

"Why did he reject you? I mean, you're pregnant with his heir."

I bit my lip as tears welled in my eyes.

"I'm sorry if my words hurt you," he said, his voice tinged with regret.

"He found his true mate, his fated mate. Sometimes, I wonder why the Moon goddess chose to punish me in this way."