Demon Slayer : The Second Sun Breather

Disclaimer : The story of Yoko Tsugikuni is taking place in the original timeline we saw in the Demon Slayer series. Tanjiro Kamado, is still the main protagonist, but not the only one. I made slight changes to the story line. This fanfiction, is based of the tv series. But the story isn't the same.
If you all wanted better endings for all the characters, my story is definitely for you. The story is quiet long, so I marked it with numbers, so you won't face any troubles while reading it. If you feel lost, just remember the number you were reading. The story is separated, into two parts.
Please enjoy.

Feel free to follow us on instagram, to see more Kyojuro and Yoko content!! ❤
Instagram: @yoko.tsugikuni

First Arc
CHAPTER ONE

SOMETHING OLD MUST DIE, BEFORE SOMETHING NEW, CAN BE BORN.

(1)
Yoko speaking : I remember, when life used to be peaceful. As a child, you don't really care for anything. You just exist. I remember my peaceful life, in my village, in between the mountains. Oh... how I wish, to return there one day. Me and my friends, used to pick flowers in the field all day. And my mom Natsu, used to make the most delicious meals. I remember, feeling so happy, so fulfilled.
Often, I imagine my self there. Just standing, watching over my younger self, and mom. What would I think...?
Seeing my self, in the position I am today.
Would I be proud ?
Would I...even, understand ?

Me and my mom... we lived alone. Since I can remember, it was always, just me and her, I couldn't remember my father though. My mom, didin't really like, talking about him.
We had a small barn behind our house, a few pigs, chickens and two horses. And...that, was all we needed to life. The life in the village, was a pleasing. All villagers, were friends, creating a small comunity. We all helped each other all the time. It truly, was an amazing life back then. I remember, how my past self used to wonder. How I'll end up.
Up until this day. Life still has its ways, of surprising me.
So... nothing, can last...forever can it ?

(2)
That faithful night.
Natsu wakes up from hearing a horrific scream, an animal, she thinks at first.
As soon, as she reaches the window, she notices a sight, that will haunt her forever.
Quickly waking up Yoko, packing the most necessary stuff, and running for the back door, to the stable. As soon, as she opens the door to the stable. She undresses her haori, packing it into the bag she gives to Yoko. In pure panic. She saddles up a young filly, barely old enough to be ridden. And then, helping Yoko in the saddle. Shaking, she holds the hand of her daughter. Looking Yoko right in the eye. Through tears streaming down her face. She weakly smiles at her daughter. And speaks her last words to Yoko.
Natsu : We will play a game dear, okay ? You will run through the forest, until the sun rises ! Please. You must.
Set your heart ablaze, honey.
The young girl doesn't understand, what her mother is meaning.
Yoko : But Mom, where am I ... supposed to run?! Why aren't you coming with me ? You can saddle up Ria !
The young girl screams at her mother, pointing to the old mare, scared to death. They can hear screams coming from the outside.
But Natsu is determined. To send her away.
Natsu : Yoko listen to me, you and Haru, will run! Until the sun rises don't stop, don't turn around ! Ria is too weak to carry me ! You must go !
Natsu then carefully opens the back door to the stable, checking, if the outside is safe. Looking one last time, on the face of her daughter,
before slapping the young filly Haru, across the butt instructing her to run.

After, she goes through old stuff in the stable, finding an old sword, one of her ancestors, left behind. A magnificent sword, with a golden handle, and a bright Black Blade, a sun as a sword guard, from the Tsugikuni family. Natsu runs towards the village, intending to save anyone who has survived. But then! She smells blood ! And sees body parts everywhere. Quickly, she hides behind a corner. Now she is sure, that it's no animal... that leaves a genocide behind. Her worst fear, became reality. Did they ? Come for her ? She peaks from behind the corner.
The creature she sees. Has a bat-like head, huge claws, and a pair of wings. Fast, she hides behind the corner again, catching her breath to attack. She may come from a good lineage. But its not enough.
She really tries, giving it her all. But sadly, not even she, stands a chance, to a power so great, as the one, the creature possess. She sticks her head out of the corner once again, this time, not seeing the creature, she panics, quickly turning around, when she notices. The creature, standing right in front of her. And in it's eyes, it's written, upper moon 6 ! She picks up her sword, and all her strength, trying to cut off the creature's head. But the sword, only gets stuck midway. The creature smiles, easily pulling out the sword from its neck.
Demon: You stupid human, you really think, this is all it takes ?
Unleashing his huge pair of bat-like wings. Grabbing Natsu ! Sticking it's claws into her arms. Natsu screams out of pain, it crushes her shoulders, and blood streams everywhere.
Demon: I'll show you! Power.
Taking them high up in the air. She tries to fight the demon off. But it's useless. Fighting with all her strength, isn't enough. She thinks, she must return to Yoko. Find her...
Once, they were 30m above the ground, it lets go of her. Letting her fall, to her death. She quickly thinks, in the few seconds she has left. Of her daughter, if she's safe. That the demon, doesn't find her.
She's praying , that Yoko didn't turn around and see, a once peaceful village, turned to a graveyard. Wondering if anybody survived. Her body hits the ground hard, all of her bones rapture, and her inner organs start to bleed. The creature lands close to her, still trying to figure out, what it is about her, that makes it's cells so distress. Watching, as she meets her slow end.
It's planning to eat her, as it did to all the other villagers. Only barely noticing, the sun is getting up.
Demon: Crap ! This isn't fair !
Not wanting to, the creature flees immediately! Hiding, in the depths of darkness.