Demon Slayer : The Second Sun Breather

CHAPTER NINE ( 24 )

BURDEN OF THE STRONGEST

(24)
Yoko, and Kyojuro are transported to the butterfly mansion. The news spread by the kasugaya crows, like wild fire. Letting everyone know, about the Mugen train incident. But Shinobu, Tengen and Giyu seem the most concerned. Quickly interrupting their missions. And heading to headquarters.
Kyojuro's crow even fly's over to his home town. Surprising his younger brother and father. As the crow starts speaking, to his younger brother. He is concerned at first. Awaiting the worst. Luckily, that...wasn't the case. Thanks to...Yoko.
But the most pleased, is master Kagaya. Showing tears of gratitude. They did it...another upper rank ! This generation...might even...succeed ! This generation...might...win.
Everything will be shaken to it's core.

Yoko, along side with Kyojuro, arrive at the butterfly mansion. The medical squad takes Kyojuro to see a doctor, imidiately.
And Shinobu comes up rushing to Yoko.
Shinobu: I heard, are you all alright ?!
Checking if she's hurt anywhere. She shows Yoko her concerns for her wellbeing.
Yoko: I'm okay, no worries ! See ?
Showing her friend, there's nothing to worry about, with a bright smile.
Shinobu: Someone must take care of you too ! I thought...I...
Shinobu doesn't finish, instead. She takes a deep breath. Overcoming this overwhelming situation.
Shinobu: The other kakushi told me about how you rushed in the stable. How did you know, about upper three ?
Yoko: Let's say, a friend of the young Kamado boy told me.
Shinobu watches Yoko, not really understanding what she just said. Shinobu: Whatever, you are alive, that's the most important !
Come, you need stitches too !
Yoko: I do ? I didin't even...
Only then, Yoko touches her cheek, feeling, and seeing blood on her fingers.
Shinobu: Seem's like you've been too caught up, helping others.
Yoko: It...didn't even hurt. From what...are these wounds ?
Shinobu: I don't know. But your arm too, you didn't feel your uniform rip ?
Yoko: No, not at all. I guess, it's from that fall I took.
Shinobu : Fall ?
Yoko: Yes, I fell from Haru...
Shinobu laughs lightly.
Shinobu: And now you can't even ride.
Yoko: Don't laugh at me...
But she laughs along, with Shinobu. Finally, Shinobu leads Yoko to a room, where she stitches her up.
Yoko: Is this necessary ? You know I'm scared of needles !!
Shinobu: Yet, your not afraid of slaying demons...
She again laughs at her friend.
Yoko: Even slaying demons is more pleasant then this !! Mom !
Shinobu rolls her eyes over. Smiling over at Yoko. How silly.
Shinobu: All done, it didin't even hurt, did it ? You can go to the waiting room.
Yoko: Really ? And Kyojuro ?
Shinobu stands up from her chair.
Shinobu: Come...I'll show you. Where you wait for him.
Leading Yoko to the waiting room.
Shinobu: I must finish something, so wait tere. I'll come to check on you, later.
Yoko: Alright, thank you Shinobu.
It means the world...to me.
Smiles at her closest friend. Yoko sits down, on a chair, and Shinobu comes closer, hugging her tight.
Shinobu: It'll be alright.
Yoko hugs her back, appreciating her kindness.
Yoko: I know it will...it, already is.

After an hour, a kakushi from the medical squad appears.
Kakushi: Miss Yoko, Lord Rengoku is in his room. You are now free to visit him.
Yoko stands up from her chair. And without a word, walks towards the quiet room.
She opens the door, and she sees... Kyojuro, sleeping.
Her heart skips a beat.
Yoko: Why...is he...?
Kakushi: The doctor didin't want Lord Rengoku to suffer, while he fixed his ribs, and stitched up his wounds. So he has put him to sleep, he will wake up in an hour.
Yoko: Oh, thank you, may you now go please?
Turning her head. Looking at the kakushi girl.
Kakushi: Of course miss. If anything, please. Don't hesitate, to call for me.
Yoko: Of course. Thank you.
The kakushi leaves, knowing, it must be hard for Yoko. Seeing him like this, wasn't easy for the medical squad too. He's the only hashira, who is so sweet to lower rank core members. Who appreciates them, the way they are.
Yoko quietly walks up to Kyojuros bed, sitting on it. She tries to hold in her tears, looking on the blue sky, through the window. She can hear birds singing.
Thinking to her self, "thank Godness" ! Looking at his bruised face. Covered in cuts. This doesn't look like him. Not at all. She knew his condition wasn't good. And that he was seriously wounded. But she never imagined, it to be this bad.
Yoko: *inner voice*: I...want to see his smile, I want to see it so...badly right now, his beautiful...smile!
She starts to cry.
Covering her face with her hand, crying...over the sleeping Kyojuro, while holding his hand tight. Looking at the stitches, on his strong chest, at all the bruises and small cuts. She has, never seen him so beaten up. So wounded, and fragile.
Thinking to her self, why is it...her, that was born this strong?
Why is it her...she is meant to protect and save everyone...yet she's so incapable...
Yoko:*inner voice*: Oh God !! Thank you ! Thank you so much.
She looks at him, watching every inch of his face, looking on his hand. Even his hand, she...even knows every palm crease. Lifting his hand up, kissing it. Holding it against her forehead.
Tears start streaming down her face.
Thinking how would she ever...survive if he...?
Crying even more, by that thought.
Yoko:*inner voice*: I should have been faster...I should have been there !
I should have...told you...how much
I truly love you...! I almost...lost that chance...! I'm so...sorry...Kyojuro.