Demon Slayer : The Second Sun Breather

CHAPTER EIGHT (22)

TODAY, IS YOUR TOMMOROWS FUTURE

(22)
In the afternoon, Yoko goes to pay a visit to the young boy, in the butterfly mansion. She finds him in the back yard, blowing air in a big old gourd.
Yoko: I see you learned total concentration breathing.
Tanjiro: Oh miss Yoko, hi... well I try training my lung capacity. So I could fight better. And, get stronger.
Yoko: I was wondering about the kagura dance you mentioned the other day.
Tanjiro: Ah yes...
Yoko: Can you tell me more about it ?
Tanjiro: Well, my father used to do the kagura dance, as a part of our family tradition. But somehow. I remembered the moves, and it...manifest it self, into a breathing style. During my latest battle. But still...I was to weak to defeat, the lower five on my own. If Mr.Tomioka hand't shown up again. I would have been dead.
Yoko notices his hanafuda earrings.
Yoko: May i as...
But in the shadow on the porch, a cat appears out of nowhere. Yoko gets freaked out immediately.
Yoko: Holly f...
Tanjiro: No, don't be scared...no worries, this is the cat of lady Tamayo. She is a demon but she helps humans, she is too trying to defeat Muzan.
He lowers his head, looking ashamed. Tanjiro: She is trying to help me turn Nezuko...back into a human, please... forgive me miss Yoko.
Yoko: It's alright, I just got scared. I'm not mad at all. Don't worry, I know the other hashira's can be scary at times. But they are good people.
Tanjiro: Of course ! I know that. Only, yesterday. When you stood up for me, I saw Mr.Rengoku get mad at you. I hope, I hadn't caused you much trouble.
Yoko: No! Not at all !
He immediately looks happier.

Yoko: And you are not weak. Don't say that. Kyo...Rengoku would tell you the same.
Tanjiro: Really ? He sure didin't sound like it. You know hah ?
Yoko: I know. At times, he can be...well. Rengoku...
Tanjiro: You are a good person miss Yoko, I can tell. Therefor I trust telling you. About lady Tamayo.
Yoko: Oh...thank you. I don't know if it's true. But...you can tell me about, that cat. It's freaking me out a little bit.
Tanjiro: Oh of course, see? We exchange letters this way. Lady Tamayo is a very wise women. She knows practically everything. That's why, she is a big ally to master Kagaya.
Yoko: I see, what did she write to you about ?
Tanjiro : I've sent her a letter, about what master Kagaya said the other day,
"say my thanks to Tamayo" she is replying back to that.
The little cat of lady Tamayo, comes to Yoko, pleasing for a good scratch.
She starts scrubbing the cats back. As Tanjiro finishes up reading the letter. He is replying back.
Tanjiro: By the way, where is Mr.Rengoku ?
Yoko: Ohh...He's been called of to a new mission, in the Mugen train station.
Tanjiro : I see, so he left already. I was too summoned there, by my crow just this morning.
Yoko is surprised at hearing this, wondering if it's a dangerous mission. Her strong gut feeling kicks in again.
Yoko: And your injuries ?
Tanjiro: Those will be fine. It's nothing serious.
The young boy showers her with a smile. But inside, she feels uneasy.
Deciding to please Tanjiro, for a little help.
Meanwhile, the cat of lady Tamayo leaves, as Tanjiro puts the little letter in it's bag.
Yoko: You don't think there's something seriously wrong in the station?
Tanjiro: I'm not sure, but I'll do my best helping Mr.Rengoku !
Yoko takes a deep breath before speaking.
Yoko: Tanjiro, can you please look after him ?
Tanjiro looks surprised, he is a hashira, what could happen to him ?
Tanjiro: Well of course miss Yoko, anything for you.
Yoko shows a relieving smile. Holding the young slayer by his shoulder.
Yoko: Thank you very much, it means the world to me.
Tanjiro: I can see, you are wearing matching haoris !
Yoko: Ahh! Yes ! Everybody notices that.
He...gave it to me as a gift, some time ago. He...is...very important to me.
It's clear to see she is worried.
Tanjiro: Are you... alright, miss Yoko ?
Yoko: Ahh ! Yes !
Yoko smiles immediately. Trying to hide her dark thoughts. But...she stops smiling out of a sudden. As her smile disappears, she looks empty into space. Looking all serious, at Tanjiro. It almost makes him feel uneasy. It hit her. She now knows. That the young boy, is in the great game. He is...special...different. His demon sister proves it. These two, are different.
Yoko: Return home...safe. Okay ?
Tanjiro: Huh...no worries miss Yoko. I'll give it my all !
Sure, Tanjiro's determination is strong. But...will that be...enough ?
These last few minutes, were strange. But Tanjiro shrugs it off his shoulders.
Yoko stands up to leave. But before she does, she turns back, looking at Tanjiro.
Yoko: Tanjiro...thank you.
Tanjiro: Miss Yoko...Hah ! No worries.

Demon Slayer, The Second Sun Breatherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें