Demon Slayer : The Second Sun Breather

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ( 36 )

NOTHING EVER, LASTS FOREVER

(36)
After a few months, they stay at Kyojuros house. While they were staying there, he practiced everyday with his father.
Almost mastering the three remaining flame breathing forms, Shinjuro him self created. Curing his wounds, and perfecting his skills. Kyojuro almost measured up to Shinjuro in close combat. Kyojuro and Yoko, even wrote to Tanjiro every week. To see how he is progressing with his training.
After all that time, finally a word arrives
from the headquarters. Such an unbelievable message, that it shocked the whole organization. It was master Kagaya him self. That summoned Yoko the fastest. During one of their training, their crows fly in, screaming.
Kasugaya crows: Message! Message!
Tanjiro Kamado, and his sister Nezuko! Alongside the sound hashira,
Tengen Uzui. Defeated upper moon six! Yoko Tsugikunis presence is needed at the headquarters! Yoko must return to the headquarters! The master is waiting for her presence!
They all look very shocked at each other when Shinjuro makes a statement.
Shinjuro: That student of yours, sure is full of surprises.
Yoko just stands in the middle of the yard, looking up at the crows circling around them, speechless.
Kyojuro comes up to her, holding her hand.
Kyojuro: Sunshine? Yoko?
Yoko: I...I...
Kyojuro: Do you want to go?
Yoko just weakly shakes her head in agreement.
Kyojuro: Alright, I'll go pack up our things.
Yoko: Yes...
Senjuro: Hey it is okay, your hard efforts payed of! He did it!
Yoko: Yes...I just...have to process it.
So, she takes a deep breath, and looks at the clear blue sky, listening to the song of trees, and a furin ringing.
Yoko:*inner voice:* It is alright...you need to function. Get a hold of your self Yoko!
Shinjuro: Come on...you mighty sun breather. You are ready to go.
Yoko looks around frantically. She sees Kyojuro leading both of their horses out.
She runs up to him to the alley.
Yoko: That was fast!
Kyojuro: I saw you were out of your senses, so I tried to be quick.
Senjuro and Shinjuro follow up to them.
Shinjuro: Well if this is goodbye for now, at least those beasts won't shit all over the garden.
Kyojuro: Oh come on...
Shinjuro: Horses are a lot of work, that's all.
Yoko and Kyojuro get in saddle, looking down at their family.
Senjuro: Please take care, both of you!
Shinjuro: Be careful in battle. We would like to have you whole by dinner.
Yoko: We sure will try, but I don't know what the situation currently is.
Kyojuro: You will find out soon enough.
Senjuro: What ever it may be Yoko, remember to keep a cool head. Not all can work in your favor.
Yoko: I know, but it would be better if it would.
Shinjuro: It must be serious though, if Kagaya him self called for her.
Kyojuro: Not really, he always does so. Yoko is our most important asset. He always makes sure she stays out of risks.
Shinjuro shakes his shoulders.
Shinjuro: Typical, you must be his beloved pet.
Kyojuro just rolls his eyes, this sarcasm isn't something he would enjoy.
Yoko: We should be on our way.
Kyojuro: You are right! See you two soon! Until then take good care.
Kibō turns in circles, as the stallion is hyped up, for the long run. It was months since the horses worked, they are too excited now. Impatient, they neigh, awaiting their masters command.
Shi juro: Go you two, or they'll kick you off.
Yoko: I'm sorry for quiting the visit in such a hurry. I thank you all for everything.
Shinjuro: It was nothing, just come back soon.
Kyojuro smiles at his father.
Kyojuro: We will, count on it.
And so, he looks at the road ahead of them. The horses are rising up from impatience.
Waving to them goodbye, they ride off.
Fast as the wind, they ride through the small alleys of the town.
Yoko:This isn't the way we got here!
Kyojuro: Follow me, I know how we can avoid the full streets, it'll be faster.
Yoko: Alright!
As they ride of, they miss the crowded town square. They run up a hill, and Yoko stops. Kyojuro sees that and turns Kibō around.
Kyojuro: What is it ?
Yoko: I just...wanted to have one last look.
He sees that she is struggling to keep her calm, she is so nervous. But doesn't want to show it.
Yoko: It was so long since you wore your uniform properly. It suites you.
She gently smiles at Kyojuro, as the wind blows some leafs in their directions. Kyojuro realizes, that soon. It will be Yokos twentieth birthday, and one year. Since they first met. He watches her smile, how the sun is reflecting from her skin, and her hair waves in the wind. She is so beautiful.
Kyojuro: Yoko...I...
Yoko: Yes ?
He gently smiles back, as he pats her cheek.
Kyojuro: I love you, sunshine.
She holds his hand, and closes her eyes.
Kyojuro: But...we need to go.
Yoko: I know you are right. But I loved it here.
Kyojuro: I am very happy, you were, you can't even imagine it.
Yoko: Yes I can. I...know.
Kyojuro looks surprised for a second. But he shrugs it off very quick.
They ride to the headquarters.