ten - old love luke

"I've had a boyfriend?" Nina questioned a week later when Ashton decided to drive her to Luke so she could have a talk with him as well.

"Yeah, his name is Luke." Ashton nodded, keeping his eyes glued on the road.

No matter how good him and Nina got along in the past week he still felt so weird around her. He knew he had a lot of other things than her old boyfriend to tell her about but for now he was pushing it for as late as possible.

"How long have we been together?" Nina asked, excitement strong in her voice. She repositioned herself in her seat, looking out of the window and back at Ashton in just a few seconds.

"About a month and a half." He said through a small sigh, running a hand through his hair. He's felt so bad for keeping secrets between them, but Nina wasn't ready to hear it, not yet.

"Did he treat me right?" She questioned, making Ashton beg this to stop as soon as possible.

"Oh he did." He said, almost amazed as he remembered how good Luke was to Nina all the time. "He is the basketball captain, yet he ditched practice sometimes to take you out on dates." Ashton informed her, looking at Nina for the first time on this ride and not being able to hold back a small smile. "He was, what you'd call, boyfriend goals."

"Why didn't he visit me in the past two weeks at all, then?" Nina asked, cocking her head to the side. It was weird that such a great boyfriend didn't visit his girlfriend in whole two weeks at all.

"Uh, you guys had a fight a day before you got stroked." Ashton said unwillingly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why are we going over to him then?" Nina raised her voice, starting to panick about all of this. "I don't want to talk to him if we fought, drive me back!" She screamed, desperately trying to open the car door. "Ashton, park the car and drive me back home!"

"It wasn't a big fight, calm down." Ashton placed a hand on her wrist, calming her down but keeping his eyes on the road. "I think your memory will return if you talk with him a bit."

"Are you sure?" Nina questioned, panting at the fear she's felt.

"Yeah, Luke's a great guy." Ashton said, waving it off as if it was no big deal. Ashton would've lied if he said he still hated Luke with the same burning passion as he usually did, right now Luke Hemmings was his only hope to get rid of Nina and avoid telling her the story behind the stroke.

A few mintues later they arrived at the Hemmings house and Nina practically jumped out of Ashton's car, having him follow her close behind.

"Can you ring the bell, I am too nervous?" Nina asked as she stood at the front door and pointed at the door bell, biting her nails nervously.

"Alright." Ashton said through a sigh, jogging the three stairs and ringing the bell. He fixed his jeans by pulling them up a bit and took a deep breath as he feared what Luke's reaction would be like.

"Nina!" He gasped just as he opened the door and hugged her automatically as if he hasn't seen her in ages. "Are you okay?" Luke questioned after they ended the huh but he still kept his hands on each side of her.

"Here and there." Nina chuckled a bit, looking nervously down at the ground as she put a piece of her hair behind her ear.

She felt a mixture of confusion and release, having her boyfriend hug her and worry about her like this although Luke could be anyone and she wouldn't know it.

"I am so sorry I didn't visit you." He excused once he let the both of them into his house and made his way straight into the empty living room. "We had that fight and my mom told me it is better if you take a rest for some time so I waited."

"It's okay." Nina said softly, taking seat next to Luke although she felt so weird doing so. He automatically swung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to himself, forgetting that it all was new to her.

"Oh sorry if I am being too close to you." Luke apologized, slowly pulling his arm away from her as he checked what Ashton had to say on it. "I always forget you don't ... Remember me." He mumbled, turning his look down at his bare feet.

Nina looked at Ashton, her smile turning into a frown as she realized what she's done. She didn't know Luke but from what she's heard about him he didn't deserve to feel bad just because he wanted to be close to his girlfriend. But she couldn't help but to feel discomfort around him.

"So, how have you been recovering?" Luke questioned, waking Nina back to reality.

"I uh, I was most of my time with Ashton because I obviously used to spend a lot of time with him before the stroke." Nina stated, having Luke stare at her the whole time as she spoke.

He has missed her so much and by now he's regret ever yelling at her for liking Ashton. Now neither of them had her and somehow it was better this way.

"He took me to school and helps me catch up with the lessons so I can graduate next spring hopefully." Nina went on, brushing some hair out of her face. She only remembered her hair being shoulder lenght like it used to be in freshman year but now it was longer and it took some time for her to get used to it.

"I will help you as well." Luke assured her, giving Ashton secretly an angry glance.

Luke has never liked how close Nina and Ashton were and he always believed that it wasn't just friendship that kept them together.

Now that they had to fight for Nina, Luke promised himself he'd do anything to win her back even if it meant hate on Ashton Irwin for the rest of his life, it was worth it.

"See, I have basketball practice in fifteen minutes but you can come with me and watch us play. What do you say about it?" Luke questioned, elbowing Nina a bit to catch her attention.

"Did I do that before the stroke?" She asked, looking innocently up at the tall boy sitting next to her.

"Uh, not really. You used to go and watch Ashton at his ice hockey games but I think it'll be fun for you." Luke exclaimed, rubbing the back of his neck, fearing that his honesty would push Nina right into Ashton's sporty hockey player arms.

"You used to play ice hockey?" Nina questioned, turning around to Ashton who sat in an armchair.

"Yeah, I kinda still play it." He answered, looking confused between the two of them. "I just took a pause to help you get back to normality." Ashton explained, fumling with his hands around as if it was obvious.

"You're taking a pause in senior year?" Luke gasped out loud before Nina could say anything. "So you don't want to play hockey for a living, right?" He asked, leaning himself back in the couch and placing an ankle on his other knee.

"I'll catch up in the spring season." Ashton spat, secretly rolling his eyes. He knew exactly what Luke was trying to do - make him scared so he'd leave Nina all for him. "It's not like I will lose too many scores. I already have 14 from this season." He added just to brag.

"Wow, you must be really good at ice hockey." Nina exclaimed, getting a shooted glare from Luke and causing a big smile to spread onto Ashton's face. "How long have you been playing?"

"Since I am six." Ashton nodded, the same stupid grin still on his face.

"Woah, that's a lot - "

"I play basketball since I am five." Luke cut her off, his face slowly tinting red at the anger.

"That's even better!" Nina said happily. She didn't understand that Ashton and Luke only talked about this to impress her, however she enjoyed spending time with them.

"So will we be going now? My practice starts soon and it takes five minutes with the car to get there." Luke asked standing up, he didn't even bother as much getting late to practice as much as he cared about having Nina all for himself.

"Okay, alright. Let's go." She stood up and picked up her jacket, causing Ashton to do the same as he let out a small frustrated sigh.

He was going to lose her to Mr Perfect again, yay.

-

THIS IS A FILLER AND IDK WHY I EVEN WROTE THIS BUT AYE ENJOY