fourteen - chlamydia

"Chlamydia." Ashton said sarcastically as he shook his head. "Who the f.uck gave me Chlamydia?" He questioned turning his look over to where Nina was seated next to him.

"I don't know." She said simply, shrugging. For Nina the Math exercise was definitely more important than Ashton's little problem since she didn't even bother to look at him.

"For God's sake, Nina!" Ashton raised his voice a bit but still kept it in a whisper, hiting his desk with a fist. " I am seriously sick. This is a real disease." He then added, all in attempt to get Nina to listen to him.

"What are you suffering from, Ashton?" Mrs Carter, Ashton's Math teacher, asked as she popped into their small conversation. "I didn't know you were sick." She elaborated once Ashton shot her a confused glare. Who was she to just disturb his talk like this?

Probably the teacher whose class he was disturbing.

Ashton didn't know what to say but just as he was about to open his mouth, Calum Hood shouted loudly. "AIDS." As he did so the whole class bursted into a laughter and Calum glared back at Ashton over his shoulder, smiling cheekily.

"Ha-ha." Mrs Carter said annoyed with the boy in the front who wasn't there to pay attention to what was going on in class but to constantly make stupid comments.

"I don't have AIDS." Ashton then said after a while, breaking the silence as he scoffed obnoxiously. "I just don't feel fine these days, that's all." He explained looking back at the teacher.

"Oh." Mrs Carter said suprised. "Let's move on with the exercise then." She added, turning back around to the board as she continued with the exercise.

"Why do you hate me?" Ashton questioned immediately as he moved his seat closer to Nina's and elbower her once he noticed that she was too much into what was standing on the board. "Nina!"

"What?" She asked once she finally tore her eyes from her notebook and looked at him tiredly.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Ashton questioned enthusiastically, not knowing where he got all of this extra energy from. Long story short, he's totally forgotten that he hasn't done his favourite daily routine thing in the past week, that's why he was so hyper even in the early morning hours.

"I'm not." Nina said through a chuckle as if it was the most ridiculous question ever. "I need to catch up with the lessons I wasn't at while I was recovering." She informed him, slowly becoming frustrated with him.

"Okay, fine." Ashton finally gave in, leaning back in his chair and sighing.

"You could pay some more attention too. The finals are next week." Nina informed him, pointing at the closed notebook that laid in front of him.

"Nah." Ashton just waved it off although he knew he could be thrown off the team if he didn't get good grades. But for now he was happy with sitting there and staring at Nina who was trying so hard to understand the exercise.

He knew it was wrong. Ashton was aware of the fact that he told himself he was over it but he couldn't help it. Whenever Nina came back into his life the feelings would just return as if they were never gone.

After Math class was over, Ashton rushed out of the classroom, just to be stopped by Mrs Carter.

"I know what you're going through. Come to Mr Ryan's office next period." She said quickly as she handed him a paper and disappeared in the mass of the students in the halls again, leaving Ashton confused.

I know what "not feeling fine" means, you should talk to Mr Ryans about your depression. You're not alone.

Ashton read the message and licked his lips as his eyebrows furrowed immediately.