seventeen - issues

"How about Tuesday at five?" Nina questioned as she was still polishing her nails while her and Ashton skyped. However, since school started a week ago and Ashton got put back as the team captain, the two of them have barely spent any time together.

"We have condition training in the gym on Tuesday." Ashton said, scratching the back of his neck since this has been the third offer he had to refuse just because of his full time planner. "Are you free on Thursday?" He asked, a small smile spreading onto his face since he finally had some time to spend it with Nina.

Nina just bit on her lip and shook her head. "Thursday is really bad for me. I promised my mom to go and look for a dress with her."

"I'll come with you." Ashton said simply as he picked up his burger that laid next to his laptop and ate some of it.

"What?" Nina chuckled, not seeing that Ashton was being serious.

"Yeah, why not? We barely see each other especially now that school started." He explained, giving her a small shrug as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"My mom is embarrassing." Nina said in a nervous singing like voice, lifting a hand and rubbing her forehead.

"So is my dad but you're always seeing him." Ashton shrugged once again before biting some more of his cheese burger. "C'mon it can't be that bad." He added, talking with a full mouth.

"Your dad is like the coolest person on Earth so your argument is invalid." Nina brushed off quickly, seeming more interested in her toe nails than this whole conversation since she knew that Ashton was so busy just because of Candice and not because of his practice.

"Whatever, I'm coming with you guys." Ashton said quickly once he's finished his cheese burger and he took a big swig of his cold beer.

"Okay." Nina said after she took a deep breath, not being quite satisfied with the outcome of their argument but she had no other choice. Ashton could live without this meet up different than her. "We'll go on Thursday at four then?" She asked as she was closing the nail polish and finally looked into the camera of her laptop, causing a small smile to cover Ashton's tired and cheese covered face.

"I'll pick you guys up, if your mom doesn't mind." He suggested as he licked something off the back of his hand.

"You know my mom is obsessed with you." Nina threw her head back and let out a small chuckle, remembering that Ashton could actually wrap her fourty-seven year old mother around his pinky finger, he was that charming. "She wouldn't mind if you took her on another ride, if you know what I mean."

"Oh God." Ashton looked away, feeling embarrassed since all of this was true.

"So Thursday at four?" Nina questioned with a small evil smile on her face, just to make sure. She has always loved to make Ashton feel uncomfortable, mostly because no one else could.

"Yup." He just quickly nodded. "I'll see you later then, I'll be seeing Candice in a bit." He added, placing a hand on the top of his laptop to close it just as Nina asked him something.

"Are you guys a couple now?" She questioned with an obvious sign of curiosity in her face and motion.

"Uh ... " Ashton gazed at the screen for a while, not being sure what to tell her since him and Candice haven't clarified their relationship yet. "I don't know, we kinda are but we still didn't label it as a real relationship. Candice is kinda weird about it." He explained, letting out a small sigh since this has been building up inside him for a while.

"Why don't you talk about it?" Nina questioned, cocking her head to the side. By now all of her attention was directed towards Ashton.

"She always acts oddly when I bring that topic up, I think she has some trust issues." He continued ranting about his girlfriend as he ran a hand through his hair and leaned back on his bed. "At least when it's about me." He added and Nina could see that it really did upset him. "I'm an awful person."