24.

-
TOBY STIRRED IN HIS SLEEP mumbling under his breath. He kicked the blankets off of him and a deep sighed escaped him.

Chad had woken up when he felt something hitting his stomach. "Ow-- What the fuc--" he cut himself off as he saw Toby thrashing around in his sleep.

"Toby? Baby?" Chad was startled as Toby bolted up gasping. Chad quickly sat up, worried.

"Toby? What's wrong?" Toby turned his head and look at him. He sighs in relief leaning against Chad.

He was shivering yet he was sweating. Chad pulled the blanket and wrapped it around Toby.

"It was just a nightmare. Sorry for waking you up." Toby mumbled, "it's fine, baby. You wanna tell me what it was about?" Chad questioned, running his fingers through Toby's hair.

"It was...the night of the accident." Toby told him. He held his arm close to his chest.

"Does it still hurt?" Chad questioned, tracing the scar with his finger. "Sometimes. It's like a phantom pain."  Toby said

"Why didn't you ever blame him?" Chad asked ,"huh?" Toby looked up at Chad.

"Peter. Why didn't you blame him for that night?" Chad questioned, "because it wasn't his fault." Toby replied

"We were drunk that night. I never blamed Peter and I would never blame him." He added , resting his head on Chad's shoulder.

"Do you?" He asked ,"what?" Toby interlocked his hand with Chad's. "Did you blame peter?" Toby questioned

"I did at first. I blamed him for almost getting you killed but then after a while, I guess I stopped blaming him. " Chad told him.

"Did he know?" Chad sighed ,"yeah, I kinda punched him." Toby lifted his head, eyes wide. "What?"

"I was pissed, scared and worried. I apologized to him, though." Chad told him and Toby sighed

"I'm tired." He mumbled and Chad laid them down. "Sleep, Toby. I got you." Chad said, pressing a kiss to Toby's head.

- -

Toby lazily laid on the couch with a remote in hand. He was flipping through channels trying to find something to watch.

Chad was hanging out with Mindy since she needed him for something. He let out a yawn as his phone rang.

Groaning, he stretched his hand out grabbing his phone. The caller had no caller ID. He debated on letting it ring but he didn't.

"Hello?"

"Hello."

Toby had this eerie feeling. He shouldn't have answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Uh, sorry. Who's is this?"

"Who is this?"

"I asked first."

"Yeah? Well I asked second." Toby rolled his eyes

"Are you looking for someone?"

"This isn't Laura crane?"

"Do I sound like a woman to you?"

"Kinda. You have a soft voice."

"No. I'm not Laura crane. You have the wrong number."

"Sorry. Say, who are you?"

"Just a stranger who's gonna hang up on you, now." With that, Toby hung up the phone.

He let out another yawn as the phone rang again. He groaned and answered the phone. "What?"

"Uh, is everything okay, baby?" Toby sighed as he heard Chad's voice.

"Sorry, Chad. Someone just called me before you did. What's up?"

"Who called you?"

"I don't know. Some weird stranger looking for professor crane."

"Huh, anyway. You wanna go and get something to eat?"

"Sure." A smile appeared on Toby's face.

"Great, I'll be there in five. Love you."

"Love you too."

- -

Toby had gotten ready to go out with Chad when his phone rang again. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"You know, it was very rude to hang up on someone who's talking to you."

"Who is this?"

"Aw, you don't remember me? We were best friends."

"Ghostface?"

"Ding ding ding! Looks like you got the right answer!"

"What the fuck do you want?" Toby growled out as he could hear Chad and Mindy chatting outside.

"Go to your room and lock the door or else I'll kill those two right now." Toby clenched his fist before he went to his room closing the door with the lock.

"Now, let's play a little game."

---------------------------------

Word count - 675

Hope you enjoy!