26.

-
CHAD PACED AROUND THE WAITING ROOM. his heart raced and ached with worry. How could this have happened? Why did it have to be Toby?

"Chad!" Chad looked over, seeing Tara and Sam running towards him. "How's Toby?" Sam questioned

"They haven't told me yet since I'm not family." Chad replied, and he noticed the looks on their faces ,"What? What happened?" He questioned

"He wasn't the only one that was attacked. Peter, Wes, Ezra, and Ruby. They were all attacked." Sam told him ,"Are they okay?" Chad questioned

"Wes, he didn't make it. Peter, Ezra, and Ruby are in critical condition." Sam said, "fuck! What the fuck is going on!?"

"Ghostface." Sam said and Tara let out a frustrated yell, "I can't get ahold of angel or anyone for that matter."

"What? No, dad always answers his phone, and so does papá." Sam said, grabbing the phone from Tara, and she called angel, but the phone just went straight to voice-mail.

"Damm it!" Sam cursed under her breath. All of them went straight towards voice-mails.

"We need to go right now." Everyone turned and saw Toby limping over to them.

"You should be resting. What the hell are you doing up?" Chad questioned, wrapping an arm around Toby's waist to help him.

"I heard what happened from a nurse. Wes is dead, and my other friends are in critical condition," Toby told them, glancing around

"And we have to leave now before somebody fucking notice us." He added

"Okay, come on." Sam said and Chad sighed before he helped Toby out of the hospital with the girls following them.

Toby couldn't believe it. Ghostface went after all of them. There wasn't just one Ghostface. There was more than one, and Toby was going to make sure they all died.

He wanted them all dead. Every single of of those fucks. They killed Wes and they hurt his friends.

He didn't want Chad to get hurt, or his sisters and his parents had been hurt enough.

They needed to stay out of this one, and that's why Toby had kind of broken their burner phones.

It was the last time he was over at their house. He broke their burner phones without them noticing.

Toby knew he was going to get in trouble because of that, but he didn't care. His parents had dealt with so much, and they deserved a break.

He knew that things would go wrong, and he hoped that he would take the burn for it all.

He couldn't let anybody he cared about die anymore. He was ready.

Toby was ready to die, and he would die for his family, and he would die for Chad.

He just hoped that Chad wouldn't try and die for him. Toby loved Chad so much, and losing Chad would be Toby's breaking point, but Toby already hit his breaking point a long time ago. He just didn't know it.

"We need to get Anika," Mindy spoke up, looking up from her phone, "she's at Quinn's place. Which is also Sam's."

"Yeah, okay."

- -

Chad noticed how quiet Toby had been. He was quieter than usual, and he seemed to be hiding something.

He was sitting next to him on the couch in Sam's apartment. Chad tore his eyes away from Toby and towards Ethan.

Ethan was looking at Toby with a weird expression on his face. Chad never liked Ethan. There was just something off about it.

Something felt wrong, and Chad knew. It was like a bad feeling that just didn't wash away no matter how much you tried and rinse it off.

Chad hated feeling like this because it felt like if he took his eyes off of Toby, then he would be taken away from him, and he didn't want that.

Chad loved Toby so much, and he didn't want to lose him. He was going to protect him with his life.

He would die for Toby, and he prayed to whoever was listening that Toby doesn't try and sacrifice himself for him.

Chad wouldn't know how to handle that. Losing Toby.

Chad didn't know what happened in the next couple of minutes, but it seemed like he blacked out because one minute, he was on the couch with Toby and the next Quinn was dead and then he was running with Tara.

It was Ghostface. They were being attacked, and he just left Toby behind. He needed to go back.

- -

Toby pushed Ethan out of the way as Ghostface wildly swung the knife around. Mindy took Anika to Sam's room, and Toby grabbed Ethan's arm and dragged him into the room.

He helped Sam with the drawer, and he held it as Ghostface tried to get inside.

"We need to crawl across on the ladder!" Sam told them , her eyes meeting Toby's.

"Go! We'll be right behind you!" Toby said, grunting a little as Ghostface kept trying to get inside.

Toby felt something sliding down his leg, and he knew his stitches opened up.

Sam crawled across first. "Ethan, go!" Toby said, and Ethan nodded before he crawled across.

"Anika, come on." Mindy said, and Anika shook her head. "You first, I'll be right behind you."

Mindy looked conflicted, but she crawled across.

"Toby -" Anika started, but Toby cut her off ," Anika, go! I'll be fine, and I'll be right behind you." Toby told her

It was a lie, obviously. He was fucking terrified of heights and he would rather deal with Ghostface than fucking deal with heights.

Anika groaned, but she started to go across the ladder.

"Toby! Come on!" He heard the others shout, and he limped over to the window, and he looked down, taking a shaky breath.

"Toby! Hurry!" Sam told him, and Toby looked at her.

Then, a red butterfly landed on his hand, and he couldn't believe it. He heard all about butterflies from his dad.

There was a crash from behind him.

"Toby!"

-----------------------

Word count - 1000

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry for the very late update.

More chapters are coming tomorrow!