28.

-
THE PAIN WAS SLOWLY FADING. it was bad when the pain started to go away. It was bad when it stopped hurting completely.

He didn't know where he was, but he could distantly hear voices arguing.

Toby let out a small groan as he slowly and shakily stood up. He was quickly losing blood.

He used the wall for support as he weakly walked.

He found stairs and he used the railing but he lost his footing and he tripped falling down the stairs and he let out a small painful yell.

He took a deep breath before he gritted his teeth and stood up. Small whimpers left him as he walked , his vision blurred.

He was weak. He didn't know why his body kept fighting when his mind was made up.

He followed the voices, and they were getting louder and louder with every slow and weak step He took.

That's when he heard it. The familiar voice, the person he wanted to keep out of all of this.

His dad. The steps he took were faster yet tiring, and the deep breaths he took didn't help at all. It only made his whole body ache.

"You killed my son! And now I'm gonna kill you." Toby reached a door and pushed it open with a groan.

Heavily breathing, he stumbled forward, catching himself on the railing. His eyes focused on the scene below him.

His dad was fighting against an older old guy. While Sam and Tara were fighting against Quinn and Ethan.

Toby felt betrayed at that very moment. He saved Ethan, and it turns out he was the killer the whole time.

Toby needed to help them, but his body felt so weak, and it seemed like his body was finally giving up.

Toby shook his head before pushing up up but his body just couldn't work with him anymore.

He could only watch, desperate to help, but then his papa and papá appeared, killing Ethan and Quinn instantly before his dad shot the old guy in the head.

Toby felt relieved, but it was only short livid as the railing he was leaning against, creaked before it just completely fell down, and Toby went crashing down with it.

All the air in his body left him as he landed on his back. He coughed weakly and wheezed.

"Toby? Toby, oh my god! Toby!" Sam appeared in his line of vision before his parents did.

"I..fucking..hate...my life." Toby breathed out , coughing out blood.

"You're alive, thank God." Sam breathed out, chuckling a bit

"Toby, the ambulance is on the way. Just hold on a bit longer." Angel told him, his eyes holding relief but also worry.

"I...I saved him...that..fuckrag," Toby let out a small laugh before it was cut short by a cough, and specks of blood stained his pale cheeks.

"Hey, stop talking and save your energy." Billy demanded, putting pressure on the wounds with the help of stu and angel.

Toby didn't feel the pain anymore. It was just gone. "It's not your fault," he quietly said

"I broke the burner phones, and I put dad's phone on not disturbed mode because I didn't want you guys to deal with these crazy fucks," Toby took a deep breath,

"Oh, Toby." Stu whispered, "is Chad okay?" Toby questioned

Toby noticed the looks Sam and Tara were sharing. "He's dead, isn't he?" Toby quietly asked

"We're sorry, Toby." Sam told him, and Toby let out a small sighed, smiling.

"It's okay, I don't feel the pain anymore." His eyes were slowly closing.

"You guys are the best family I could ever ask for." He took his last breath before his eyes fully closed.

"Toby! Don't close your eyes! Open them, Toby! Open your eyes!"

-----------------------------

Word count - 637

Hope you enjoy!

One more chapter to go!